Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Restaurants in Orlando..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: Lufthansa Silver, Qatar Silver,FA Alitalia, British Airways gold
Hi there,
heading to Orlandofrom Italy for my birthday with some friends for 3 days, after the space shuttle launch. Could you name the best steakhouse? I have read Charlies and Mortons. We will be staying most probably somewhere on the I drive around the convenction center
Thanks

Matteo
Old Mar 11, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Welcome to Orlando!

If you mean the best, my choice would be Del Frisco's http://delfriscosorlando.com/index.php, but that is not convenient to the Convention Center.

Other excellent choices, according to Scott Joseph, long-time Orlando Sentinel restaurant critic are here http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/reviews#catid70. There's no hype here, just good sound opinions from a guy who really knows what he is talking about.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
There's no hype here, just good sound opinions from a guy who really knows what he is talking about.
I do really enjoy those reviews, but wouldn't agree that "there's no hype here". Scott seems quite hyper about perplexing, minor things. His steakhouse reviews in particular are odd and unfocused. But overall you're right, he knows food and fine dining and seems to generally provide fair and balanced opinions.

Oh, and as for the best steak in Orlando, I'd have to vote for The Palm (which is also, unfortunately, inconvenient to the convention center).
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I do really enjoy those reviews, but wouldn't agree that "there's no hype here". Scott seems quite hyper about perplexing, minor things. His steakhouse reviews in particular are odd and unfocused.
Also note that the reviews in each category are in alphabetical order, not by rank, and that Charlies and Mortons are not even reviewed.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:56 pm

Yes, the alphabetical order thing had me going for a minute! It doesn't appear that he actually scores or ranks the places he visits, so I guess there's really no way to rack-and-stack them that way.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Yes, the alphabetical order thing had me going for a minute! It doesn't appear that he actually scores or ranks the places he visits, so I guess there's really no way to rack-and-stack them that way.
There is also a "hits" column that doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I had an excellent steak at Shula's, but it's been a few years ago.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:48 pm

Yeah, Shula's (not just the one in the Dolphin, but all of them) used to be a lot better than they are now. I don't know if there was a corporate management change or something, but the focus on quality and excellence just isn't there any more...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AMX Plat, DL PL, CO Elite, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Sand Lake

Pretty much anything on Restaurant Row (Sand Lake) is great these days.

From casual, to romantic to high end. It has it all....
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Winter Park has a wonderful eclectic mixture of upscale restaurants.

Nice little section of Orlando that takes you away from the bland and boring of Orlando. Winter Park is wonderful to walk or drive around... an evening in the area is a wonderful way to spend the night when in O-Town.

Off the top of my head I would suggest ...

310 Park South
Luma
Houston's

... I'd check the net for listings in the area so you can narrow down your choice's. Sounds like your looking for a nice evening out, skip the mundane of Orlando and head over to Winter Park for the evening, you'll love it.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, UA1K
As far as best restaurants in Orlando, just have to put in a plug for Victoria & Alberts. One of the best restaurants in the country, as far as I'm concerned. I travel to Orlando frequently, but try to save V&A for truly special events.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
When I am in Orlando, I must always stop here: http://www.orlandoichiban.com/

Currently on the Rewards Network if you are collecting miles too.
Old May 15, 2010, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Le Cellier is good but hard to book.. need to book Le Cellier 90 days in advance when reservations open up.. but a memorable lunch or dinner.. would be none other than Disney World Castle. You get a picture with the princess, pre-fixe menu and character enterntainment. The Disney World Castle is the only castle in the world that you can actually dine in (5 total Disney Castles in the World and counting).

Disney doesn't advertise character dining for Castle Dinner, but trust me.. there are definitely characters during supper.. per our experience.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Le Cellier is good but hard to book.. need to book Le Cellier 90 days in advance when reservations open up..
Sorry, but Le Cellier is NOT considered one of the best restaurants in Orlando. It's the only steak place in Disneyworld that's in a park and on the 1 credit part of the dining plan, hence, that's why it's so hard to get a reservation. The food has also gone downhill since it became the darling of the dining-plan set

The food is decent, but certainly not "best" by any stretch of the imagination.

but a memorable lunch or dinner.. would be none other than Disney World Castle. You get a picture with the princess, pre-fixe menu and character enterntainment. The Disney World Castle is the only castle in the world that you can actually dine in (5 total Disney Castles in the World and counting).
now this one totally confuses me. The general consensus of frequent visitors is that you don't go to the castle for the food - you go for the ambiance. The last I ate there, the food was mediocre at best.

Disney doesn't advertise character dining for Castle Dinner, but trust me.. there are definitely characters during supper.. per our experience.
What ARE you talking about? They advertise the heck out of them.
The breakfast is the single hardest reservation to get. It sells out immediately and disney had to institute a prepayment requirement because it was such a hot ticket. All of the Princesses visit the tables during breakfast. FWIW - breakfast is considered mediocre as well.

Lunch and Dinner - Cinderella is in the lobby for an official picture with you, the cost of the meal includes a photo package with 5x7s & wallets.
You sound like a real enthusiast, however, a not very frequent visitor. I suggest you spend some time on disboards.com because I'm seeing you're not giving 100% accurate information here.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:36 am

[QUOTE=Mary2e;13972707]
now this one totally confuses me. The general consensus of frequent visitors is that you don't go to the castle for the food - you go for the ambiance. The last I ate there, the food was mediocre at best.

What ARE you talking about? They advertise the heck out of them.
I have to agree 100% with both of these. Meals in the castle are a special experience for the kids, the food is just there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.