Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Springhill Convention or Courtyard Vista?

Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Going to disney in Sept for 3 nights with our annual passes. We usually just go for the day as we live in Sarasota, but we're gonna stay a few days this time.

Springhill Convention Center
- $89/night
- Free Breakfast
- Free $50 Gas Card (for staying 3 nights)
- 15 mins to Disney

Courtyard Marriott at Vista Center
- $69/night (prepaid in full, no cancellation)
- 5 mins to Disney

I'm leaning towards the SH as with the gas card, it works out to only $3.33/night more than the CY.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:33 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
One thing to note about CYs is that you will have to pay for your breakfast. So if you are a breakfast eater, you might want to take that into consideration. (Of course, the breakfast you will get at the SHS isn't going to be something to write home about, but it will have a few items to help you start your day.)

Also, you might want to contact the hotel and find out what gas stations the gas card is usable with. It is possible that it is only usable with a few local gas stations and it might not be as usable as you would want.

One final point, are you a Gold/Plat with Marriott? If so, make sure to ask about a possible upgrade when you check-in. While suite upgrades aren't guaranteed with elite status, I have had very good luck getting upgaded to King Suite rooms at CYs (but only when I ask as they normally won't do it automatically.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.