Reload this Page >

MCO Gas Station RIPOFF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCO Gas Station RIPOFF

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by CMK10
I fell for it today. I was staying at the HGI Orlando Airport and needed to get gas for my rental car. I had looked at Google Maps and was headed north to go to the nearest gas station on the map, a Wawa, when I saw the notorious Sun Gas. It wasn't until I was at the pump that I realized the station was charging $4.59 a gallon for regular. Their lone sign with prices is hidden behind a bush and isn't visible when driving north. At this point I was already cutting it close and I only needed a gallon and a half so I just dealt with it.

While waiting in line at MCO later I left the gas station a 1 Star review on Facebook, not that it'll matter.
What a shame. I hate to see these shady businesses rip someone off for even a single gallon, especially when the Wawa you mention is so close that you can almost see it from Sun Gas. Another few hundred yards up Semoran Blvd, you'd have seen Wawa on the left (west) side of the street.

Well, at least you didn't get bilked for an entire tank.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The Wawa at 6500 S. Semoran is your friend, as it's the last gas station before the rental car return at MCO (and on the right side of the road, just before the lead-on to Jeff Fuqua Blvd/Airport road). Today's price was $2.13 for regular. (We change rental cars at MCO every 4 weeks while we're in FL for the winter.)
Old May 17, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm stunned that this thread is over a decade old.

The Wawa is a welcome addition to that neighborhood.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:24 am

Hi everyone. Iam finding on Google map that no gas station on the right way 417 to MCO. I am driving to airport on 5a.m. Where can I refill the tank at that time?
Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Huy Tran
Hi everyone. Iam finding on Google map that no gas station on the right way 417 to MCO. I am driving to airport on 5a.m. Where can I refill the tank at that time?
Thanks.
Closest gas stations to the airport are on the north side. 417 is on the south side. To get to the gas stations, you have to go through the airport to the north side.

From 417, take Exit 17a. This will take you to the airport.

Do not stop at the airport. Keep going past the airport. Follow signs to North Exit.

North Exit will take you to Semoran Blvd. On Semoran Blvd are many good gas stations. I like the Wawa, it always has the cheapest price near the airport.
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.4597...3091372,15.25z

If you have a GPS, here is the address of the Wawa:
6500 S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822

After gassing up, take Semoran Blvd back to the airport.

Be careful - the first gas stations you will see on Semoran Blvd are the two RIPOFF stations that this thread talks about! Go past them and go to Wawa.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Thanks.
Depends upon where you're coming from. If you're at Disney, there are several regularly priced stations on Hotel Plaza Blvd and if you top off your tank, you can make it to the airport without the needle moving. That's what I always do.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: UA~AA~HH~Hyatt~WN
Mary2e, this is great advice, it's what we do as well. We fill up at Speedway (used to be Hess) right across the street from BoardWalk Resort.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thanks.
Since I did the work above, why don't you look at the following post:
Since it is clear that you have access to Google, you can look up the Wawa and Google shows that it is open 24 hours. If you don't trust this info on Google, you can also call them to confirm that they will be open when you plan to drive by.

Or you are welcome to find another place that's open and we'd welcome info about it posted here.

David
Old May 24, 2018, 9:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm back in Orlando today and I drove by:

- Sun Gas: $4.89 Regular, $5.39 Premium
- Wawa, Shell within a half mile: $2.89 Regular, $3.19 Premium
Old May 24, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
So they finally put up a sign with visible prices?
Old May 25, 2018, 6:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sethb
So they finally put up a sign with visible prices?
Yes and no. I believe law requires a sign to be displayed. They have one that's very hard to view if you're driving north unless you know where to look. I learned where it was when I was ripped off last year.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DELee
As the photos show below, both Suncoast Energys as well as Sun Gas Station immediately across South Senoran Blvd have been continuing to price gouge.

For those who decide to go up the block to the Wawa, I've added some directions if you want to get out of their facility and head back south to MCO as well.

Here's a map view of the area of interest (links to image location):

I've highlighted the place to go to (Wawa) in blue as well as the two places to avoid (Suncoast Energys and Sun Gas Station) in red. See below for an overhead shot of the map above.

Photos from 05/01/15:

Suncoast Energys - Avoid this place:

This is why - also note the different shading of the numbers:

You can't see these prices from the street nor does the sign at the side of the street show any prices (just that there's a Wendy's):

David
Can verify as of last week this is still the case. $5.95 is insane. Is there a way to report them for gouging?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
DELETE
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:13 am

If you are coming from the east coast to MCO on 528 (the Beachline) there is a 7-11 on Narcossee Road. Get off at Exit 13, go left off the ramp and it is on the right.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by StAugustine
If you are coming from the east coast to MCO on 528 (the Beachline) there is a 7-11 on Narcossee Road. Get off at Exit 13, go left off the ramp and it is on the right.
Does this 7-11 have market rate prices for gas or is it overpriced?

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.