Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B&B Rec. for St. Augustine, Florida?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

B&B Rec. for St. Augustine, Florida?

Title pretty much explains it all. I'm planning a birthday weekend get away for my mother, and was hoping someone might have a good recommendation for a B&B in St. Augustine. Price isn't a consideration. It would seem the historic downtown area is the area to consider staying in/near, but any suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2006, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by StudentExplorer
Title pretty much explains it all. I'm planning a birthday weekend get away for my mother, and was hoping someone might have a good recommendation for a B&B in St. Augustine. Price isn't a consideration. It would seem the historic downtown area is the area to consider staying in/near, but any suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks!

Can't give you any details about this place
http://www.innoncharlotte.com/default.htm
other than it is on the edge of the old town, but everytime we walk by this place, my wife and I always talk about staying here for a special occasion (we live in Saint Augustine). It looks like a decent place and could at least be a place to start looking. Close walk to everything. There are a couple of other places as well but I can't remember their names. Sorry!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 3:34 pm
In memoriam

I hate B&B's so I am a bad person to ask. Just thought I'd mention the Hilton in downtown St. Augustine. Looks quaint - but it's almost brand new. Walking distance to everything. Try Opus 39 for dinner (best restaurant in town in my opinion). Robyn
Old Aug 29, 2006, 8:37 am

Check out Casa Monica --- it's beautiful and very gracious. It's a regular hotel, not a B&B --- but it was built in the late 1800's and has been restored. It's rated very highly by AAA, IIRC.

www.casamonica.com
Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Just thought I'd post an update. Ended up booking them into the Alexander Homestead. http://www.alexanderhomestead.com/

Report back is that it is a lovely place to stay. Well appointed rooms. Wonderful breakfast. Gracious host.

A bit on the pricey side, but for her birthday, it was worth it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.