Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Raleigh Airport Question

Raleigh Airport Question

Old Jul 13, 05, 3:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 437
Raleigh Airport Question

I will be going through RDU and will have to change terminals between flights. I have one hour between flights - is this enough time? Do I have to go through security between terminals, or is there a direct path?
SFFlyman is offline  
Old Jul 14, 05, 9:25 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2
Should be enough time. It's a pretty dinky airport; security is not super-stringent. Don't think there is a direct path.

Originally Posted by SFFlyman
I will be going through RDU and will have to change terminals between flights. I have one hour between flights - is this enough time? Do I have to go through security between terminals, or is there a direct path?
pacrimjob is offline  
Old Jul 15, 05, 9:21 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 437
Thanks for the info.
SFFlyman is offline  
Old Jul 19, 05, 7:52 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: AA-Plat
Posts: 5
RDU terminals

Originally Posted by SFFlyman
Thanks for the info.
Terminals A & B are right next to each other. Terminal C is on the other side of a parking deck from A & B, but there is a walkway under the parking deck. Shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to walk between A and C.
credd5 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 05, 3:13 pm
  #5  
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: El Paso, TX, USA
Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Posts: 32,551
Just came back from there this past Friday

Small airport, you shouldn't have any problems
jfe is offline  
Old Dec 11, 07, 9:19 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 23,332
Help with getting into the City

Looking to do a MR that has me getting into RDU at 7pm ish and fly out the next morn at 6:40am or 7:30am

Rental cars at $70ai isnt an option. I want to stay at a Hotel downtown, otherwise I will do an In & Out the same day. airport Hotels are double what I can score DT

Is there any Public buses that run at night and that run early enough to get em back to RDU to get the 7:30am flight?
craz is offline  
Old Dec 11, 07, 9:30 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: I'm not sure myself..
Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, nobody everywhere else
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by craz View Post
Looking to do a MR that has me getting into RDU at 7pm ish and fly out the next morn at 6:40am or 7:30am

Rental cars at $70ai isnt an option. I want to stay at a Hotel downtown, otherwise I will do an In & Out the same day. airport Hotels are double what I can score DT

Is there any Public buses that run at night and that run early enough to get em back to RDU to get the 7:30am flight?
Which "downtown" are you staying in? RDU is between Raleigh and Durham, both of which have hotels downtown. For bus info, check out:

http://www.ridetta.org/Bus_Shuttle/A...rtService.html

Bus schedules vary according to day of the week, etc.
kshanew is offline  
Old Dec 11, 07, 11:39 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 23,332
Originally Posted by kshanew View Post
Which "downtown" are you staying in? RDU is between Raleigh and Durham, both of which have hotels downtown. For bus info, check out:

http://www.ridetta.org/Bus_Shuttle/A...rtService.html

Bus schedules vary according to day of the week, etc.
thanks didnt realize that 1st time heading in there. Answer The Sheraton Hotel in Raleigh
craz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: