Reload this Page >

Where to eat at a PBI-FLL meet?

Old Feb 19, 04, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

A bunch of us are planning a meet in the PBI-FLL area in May. Most of us are from out of state (at a minimum -- I am flying in from Israel).

We have 8 FTers definitely coming so far but I expect it will get up to about 20.

You guys are the dining experts. Where do you suggest we hold our big dinner? (Most of us will probably stay in the Deerfield Beach area.)
Old Feb 22, 04, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA MM, BV Titanium, HH Diamond
Although it's a good 20-25 minutes from Deerfield, you could do a lot worse than Latitudes at the Holiday Inn in Highland Beach (where Tolarian Wind and some others are staying). The inside room is not really big, but there is a large outdoor patio (where you can see and hear the waves break) which I have see dedicated to groups.
The food and drink is very good, being new Florida style with a touch of the Islands and, sweetest of all, the ticket is moderate.
Others will come to mind, but Latitudes should be seriously considered and arrangements should be made fairly early if you're doing a Saturday night, even out of season.
By the way, count on Francine and me as definites for this do, barring some sort of emergency.
Old Feb 22, 04, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Monitor. It will be great to meet the two of you.

Can I ask one favor, though? Could you please post on the original thread that you will both be there? That way, we'll have one place with a record of everyone who will be coming.

If any of you other Southerners are interested in a meet, take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/013305.html

Old Feb 23, 04, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:
[b]If any of you other Southerners are interested in a meet.....[b]</font>
Monitor, let me add my thanks as well for this fine suggestion. And , speaking for Dovster, let me add that all FT'ers are welcome at this get together. I'm flying in from CA specifically for this meeting and I'm DEFINITELY not a Southerner.

Old Feb 23, 04, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
I'm DEFINITELY not a Southerner.

</font>
Cholula IS a Southerner. He is from Southern Cal. I, on the other hand, am a Yankee. I am from Northern Israel.

Monitor, I have posted the announcement of your coming to the meet on the original thread.

Old Feb 24, 04, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too have posted my intention to attend on the original thread. Since I'm in for a dime, might as well be in for a dollar and volunteer to participate in helping Dovster plan the logistics of the dinner (does one need more than a dollar to participate in the First Annual Delta Board All Night Poker Game?).

I'm in So Fla for the rest of this week, will be traveling first two weeks in March, returning about 11-14Mar for the rest of the month.

If the Latitudes thing (lots of seafood and atmosphere) has not rung a bell with the attendees, I can suggest another that may be more to their liking. That would be a fairly new place in the Boca Center called Bocadero, which features Mediterranean infuenced cuisine, so that If the crowd likes such stuff as hummus, baba ghanoush, and stuffed grape leaves, that is available along with the fish and what is one of the best steaks in town. I have only been there once, but from my one look at the caliber of the service, I'm fairly certain that the management will know how to take care of a large group.

This place (on Military Trail about a mile above Palmetto Park Road) is somewhat closer for those staying in Deerfield Beach and on cypress Creek Road, albeit a touch more expeinsive (but still on the moderate side and sometimes found on IDine).

Just another suggestion, and I imagine others will come to mind along the way.
Old Feb 24, 04, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Monitor, that sounds good to me. I think though that we have to wait a bit until we have a better idea of how many people are coming. Right now, we have 11 -- but I have a gut feeling we are going to wind up with 20-25.
Old Feb 25, 04, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Monitor, a letter was just posted on the original thread (page 4) announcing that Francine has won a prize.

Nine more prizes, each consisting of a piece of silver jewelery from Israel, are available to female attendees at the meet. See details in the same letter.
Old Mar 6, 04, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are into the kind of food they serve, check 32 East in Del Ray.
Old Mar 7, 04, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

32 East is terrific, but Delray Beach is already a bit far for the Fort Lauderdale bunch. They have already balked at Highland Beach, so it is probably going to be Boca Raton, which is right halfway between FLL and PBI.

Search this Thread