FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   The Registry - Naples (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/303502-registry-naples.html)

suthurn Mar 18, 2004 11:16 am

The Registry - Naples

I'll be at The Registry Resort and Club in Naples in late April for a seminar. Anyone have comments on this place?

USAFAN Mar 21, 2004 8:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suthurn:
I'll be at The Registry Resort and Club in Naples in late April for a seminar. Anyone have comments on this place?</font>
It's a nice modern hotel with a trolley going to the beach. First class shopping center (with good restaurants) "Waterside Shops" in walking distance. Nice views ... you can see Sanibel Island...
Last week they had a convention with plenty of CEOs from large companies and Governor Bush.
You can walk from the Registry to the Museum next to the Phil...

jnahand Mar 23, 2004 10:42 am

I stayed there last August. To my knowledge, it's recently had a makeover.

Bedrooms are great (try to get a gulfview) with nice toiletries in the very plush bathrooms. Staff pretty good, wonderful beach (extra charge for sunloungers on beach and towels around pool). The pool can get pretty noisy with kids (there's a waterslide) and the breakfast/coffee bar is expensive and I wasn't impressed by the food (like a bad version of Starbucks).

We ate at the Aqua grill in the adjacent shopping mall (trendy, good service, so-so food). The hotel itself is about 5-10 mins taxi away from all the action on 5th (I can recommend Campiello's restaurant down there, but I've heard bad things about Tommy Bahama's).

Enjoy your stay

USAFAN Mar 23, 2004 2:04 pm

Yes, Campiellos is great. It's on 3rd Street South (near 15th Av.). Tommy Bahama is also O.K.
On 5th Avenue corner of 3rd Street is now a brand new BICE ...

suthurn Apr 28, 2004 8:44 am

My bedroom was great - beautiful, large, comfortable, quiet, good turndown service, balcony big enough to sit on & enjoy the gulf view. I think they claim all rooms have gulf view, but this is not a gulf-front hotel. Meeting rooms met our needs well. Congenial, efficient staff. "Cocomango" toiletries were good and contribute to the subtropical ambience. There's a quiet pool with lap lanes near the tennis complex.

Tram ride or nice walk on elevated boardwalk through mangroves to the public beach. No charge for chairs or towels for hotel guests - other than the $10 daily "resort fee". I didn't watch the sunset from this beach, but it was gorgeous from near the Naples Pier.

Food is terribly overpriced, but I grew up on the redneck part of the gulf coast so I was happier with the fried seafood at Grouper & Chips. There are several chain restaurants a short drive from the hotel.

USAFAN Apr 29, 2004 12:07 pm

suthurn:

I am happy you enjoyed Naples.

Not far from the Registry is "Waterside Shops" .. there a couple of pretty good restaurants .. prices and quality are O.K.