Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels near Sarasota

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2002, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Hotels near Sarasota

I will be spending a week in Sarasota at the start of February. I am currently reserved at the Hilton, which is adequete, but I was wondering if somebody has a better recommendation. I have tried the condo rental route, but anything that is left wants monthly rentals only.

I am not wedded to Sarasota, but I do want to be around there, out of Tampa. Anybody have suggestions.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 3:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Newly opened:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/sarasota/
Old Nov 27, 2002, 8:36 am

Did you book this:

4711 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228-2103, Tel: 1-941-383-2451 Fax: 1-941-383-7979
Situated just steps from a private sandy beach and the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the Hilton Longboat Key is a tropical resort.

I don't know the hotel, but the area. Longboat Key and Siesta Key are the nicest spots in Sarasota. The coasts on mainland Sarasota do not have sandy beaches.
Don't expect tropical temperatures in early February ... BTW, it's about 5-6 F cooler than in Naples, which is only 100+ miles South of Sarasota.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Yes, its the Longboat Key Hilton I stayed at, and will probably stay at again this February. Decent quiet hotel, with a good view room at one end of the hotel (they have the short end of the hotel facing the water). It is an older, comfortable, starting-to-wear look to it, but the people there were good, and it was nicely located for my purposes.

I am planning a day trip to Naples, but 100 miles would be too far for me to come back to on a daily basis.

I have considered the Ritz-Carleton but I decided I wanted easier beach access, and fewer people...the Hilton is smaller and out-of-the-way.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.