Reload this Page >

Charleston, SC - Where to stay?

Old Jul 16, 00, 6:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG

Any recommendations for places to stay (Bed & Breakfasts and/or hotels) in Charleston, SC for a weekend at the end of September? Any suggestions on must do's also welcome. Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 00, 8:27 pm

Is Kiawah Island to far out of your way (~ 30 minutes-ish)? If not, you may want to look into there. If you are interested, feel free to email me for some places, and I will try to help you out.
Old Jul 16, 00, 9:26 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
The OMNI is located downtown in the historic district. It is: pretty, nice, and expensive!
Old Jul 16, 00, 10:23 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
Embassy suites was fine. It's the old original Citadel building. As for what to do, walk and walk and walk in the historic district. Go into some of the residential gardens that are open. The historic district is low-key and lovely. Can't get enough of Charleston. Eat shrimp and grits. Like all Carolinians, it's like dying and going to heaven!
Old Jul 17, 00, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold,UA1MMPremGold,FBSilver, MarriottAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, ICPlatAmb, HyattDiscoverist
I've stayed at the Mills House a couple of times; lots of very good reproductions, but the service can be a little spotty. The John Rutledge is supposed to be the best inn in town.
Old Jul 17, 00, 6:11 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I liked historic Indigo Inn (it's listed in the AAA guide). All the rooms open to a central courtyard with trees and a fountain. Included breakfast consists of fresh fruit, ham biscuits and pastries. Free iced tea is available all day, and free hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour. It's also within walking distance to most of the historic district of Charleston. I recommend it highly.
Old Jul 17, 00, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Do not stay at the Hilton Admiral Point (think that's what it's called). Small rooms and poor amenities.

I stayed at the Embassy last time I was there, not too shabby.

There are some hotels in the heart of the historic district. I believe the St. James is at the intersection of Meeting and Market. If that name is right, it is awesome. I've never stayed there, but the location, shopping and eating establishments are incredible.

Make reservations at the Penninsula for dinner. Excellent food; save room for dessert.

There is an Irish bar on King Street I believe. If you like imported beer and a youthful atmosphere, head there.

Hymen's seafood is excellent low brow seafood if you're into that. No need to dress up for Hymen's.

There is also a nice old hotel next to the Peninsula that looks nice.

That's about all I can come up with. If you haven't been, you'll love it. If you have, you already know that.

Search this Thread