Wiki Posts
Search

SEC Football

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

SEC Football

Good evening,

I've been to all of the ACC schools when Maryland was part of the ACC. My group enjoyed the ACC schools in the southern states the most. And now that Maryland changed conferences, the group interest is just not there.

I've long wanted to go to a SEC game. Looking for advice on what games would have the best chance of buying a single ticket for a decent seat this fall.

(Not too concerned about logistics - this would likely be a road trip for me from the mid-Atlantic.)
Old Jun 7, 2023, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by lamphs
Good evening,

I've been to all of the ACC schools when Maryland was part of the ACC. My group enjoyed the ACC schools in the southern states the most. And now that Maryland changed conferences, the group interest is just not there.

I've long wanted to go to a SEC game. Looking for advice on what games would have the best chance of buying a single ticket for a decent seat this fall.

(Not too concerned about logistics - this would likely be a road trip for me from the mid-Atlantic.)
Vandy. Almost any game except Georgia. Ole Miss single tickets available for $17 right now. $5 for Alabama A&M if you don’t care about a non-conference opponent.
lamphs likes this.

Last edited by BamaVol; Jun 7, 2023 at 2:25 am
Old Jun 7, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
@lamphs - a trip to the Grove (Ole Miss) and to Toomers Corner (Auburn) are well worth the weekend trip for the tailgating. Both are incredible, small college towns that quadruple in population during game weekends. Ideally SEC conference games are the more exciting games to attend.

Trip to Neland Stadium (Tennessee), Baton Rouge (LSU) and Athens (UGA) are hard to describe as you are surrounded by 100,000 fans but probably a more expensive ticket depending on the opponent. Similar experience to Clemson.
lamphs likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My initial thought was Auburn since you can stay the weekend in Atlanta and drive to and back, plus they have a first year coach.

Otherwise, look for a game with a lesser road opponent, like Vanderbilt/Missouri/Kentucky/Mississippi State if it's a conference game. In the mid-00's, the Mississippi State ticket office always had tickets away games readily available, but I then moved to California in 2007. Check the away ticket policy's for some schools as those seats could still be available or not on sale yet.

Going to a team's November "buy game" is another option if you want to go see Alabama.

Florida doesn't seem to have the ship righted so if they start say, 2-3, they will bail on the team and the 10/7 game with Vandy may have lots of tickets and your party could fly/stay in Orlando or Tampa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.