Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Miami post cruise for a day: Ritz Coconut, Savoy or Confidant?

Old Sep 14, 22, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA lowly GM

We have an 8:30 PM flight after our Sunday cruise return. Looking to spend a day at a hotel/resort. Spent a lot of time on resortpass.com and other sites and have narrowed it down to:
  • Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove
  • Savoy Hotel and Beach Club
  • Confidant Miami Beach
Anyone have any experience with these locations, particularly their pool and/or beach areas? We'll be there for the day so we want decent food and drink availability. Another thing we want is decent, clean place to change out of bathing suits. Doesn't have to have showers just clean and comfortable enough to change in.

Anyone have knowledge of these hotel's pool/beach areas?
Old Sep 16, 22, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
I have no idea what a resortpass is, but I'd call the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove and ask if your pass would allow you guest privileges at the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne, which has much nicer pools and a nice beach (the Coconut Grove property is not on the beach), and presumably would allow you to change and shower at their spa, which is very nice as well.
PATRLR likes this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 12:54 pm

OP, I think you mean Ritz Carlton South Beach instead of Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove if you want to be by the beach. I have no experience with resort day pass, but I am planning to stay (for a week) at the Confidante in October. It is mid beach away from the touristy area and I got good rates on Oceanfront room. Ritz Carlton South Beach would be within walking distance to lots of the restaurants and shops. I read that you want to be between 15th and 23rd street if you want to be close to the stores. But if you are just spending the day on the beach, I think any one of the hotels should be fine. I am sure they would all serve food/drink on the beach.

And if you are hanging out in pool area, I don't think Confidante's pool looks that great (from the pictures). They looks more like standard hotel pools instead of resort pools.
PATRLR likes this.

Search this Thread