Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

FL Hotel prices

FL Hotel prices

Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Pent-up demand. Without getting into politics, there is also a certain subset of the population that is enamored with Florida and their current leadership, mostly over their response (or rather, lack thereof) to the pandemic. Also places like Key West, Miami/Miami Beach, Orlando, etc., are always going to command a premium. As others have mentioned, if you're willing to go a little off the beaten path there are affordable rates in places like Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Tampa/St. Pete, etc.
psusaver likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by enviroian
I happen to peek again last night. Most hotels on or near the water are $600/night and I'm talking Courtyards. Really? How can this last?
Ian, tell us when and where. Maybe some of us can assist you. You’re heading into Spring Break right now. It’s actually $50 a night when you share the room with your 11 buddies.
enviroian likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Ian, tell us when and where. Maybe some of us can assist you. You’re heading into Spring Break right now. It’s actually $50 a night when you share the room with your 11 buddies.
Spring break sure but I have never seen $600/night for a courtyard for any spring break ever before.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Are absolutely ridiculous. All over the state too. We’re talking about $700 per night at courtyards in EYW.

Most of America can’t afford these prices myself included nor would I ever pay such an absurd amount. I know simple econ 101 applies but when will this stabilize?
During my recent trip to MIA (Feb 11-13) hotels around MIA and even WPB were so expensive that I decided to look around at Airbnb's and found an affordable one in Palm Springs. Bonus (for me), I took the train (Brightline one way, TriRail the other way) from MIA to WPB area and made it a rail+florida mini vacation.

Random tip: Also, for anyone that thinks Airbnb doesnt get your "points", Delta has a tie up with aribnb. Just google Delta Airbnb! my miles a day into the stay itself!
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psusaver
During my recent trip to MIA (Feb 11-13) hotels around MIA and even WPB were so expensive that I decided to look around at Airbnb's and found an affordable one in Palm Springs. Bonus (for me), I took the train (Brightline one way, TriRail the other way) from MIA to WPB area and made it a rail+florida mini vacation.

Random tip: Also, for anyone that thinks Airbnb doesnt get your "points", Delta has a tie up with aribnb. Just google Delta Airbnb! my miles a day into the stay itself!
I was not aware of that. Thanks for the tip.
psusaver likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spring break sure but I have never seen $600/night for a courtyard for any spring break ever before.
You still haven’t mentioned where and when you want to go. It’s a big state and there’s still 10 months left in 2022.

Airbnb and VRBO are indeed good places to look. I spend as many nights with them as I do in hotels every year, although admittedly stays of a week or more.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
You still haven’t mentioned where and when you want to go. It’s a big state and there’s still 10 months left in 2022.

Airbnb and VRBO are indeed good places to look. I spend as many nights with them as I do in hotels every year, although admittedly stays of a week or more.
I was able to find a HGI on the beach for $200/night @ DAB 4/14-4/16
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to find a HGI on the beach for $200/night @ DAB 4/14-4/16
I know the property, although I haven’t stayed there. Hopefully Spring Break will not have destroyed it before your arrival. I notice it’s being renovated during your stay, perhaps in anticipation?

Weve stayed at the Daytona Beach Shores Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express. I think both were under renovation during our stays. Things don’t stay nice for long there.

Last edited by BamaVol; Mar 1, 2022 at 2:14 pm
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I know the property, although I haven’t stayed there. Hopefully Spring Break will not have destroyed it before your arrival.
Spring Broken?

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.