Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miami Feb 2022 - Why So Expensive?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Miami Feb 2022 - Why So Expensive?

I'm (COVID-willing) going on a cruise out of MIA. Flights from the DC area to MIA are generally around $300/rt for a Fri-thru-following-Sunday ticket but for some reason my dates (2/18-2/27) have been hovering between $550-800. Hotels are also unusually expensive. What is going on in Miami that week to cause such surge pricing? I've searched high and low and can't find anything meaningful going on over those dates.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
I'm (COVID-willing) going on a cruise out of MIA. Flights from the DC area to MIA are generally around $300/rt for a Fri-thru-following-Sunday ticket but for some reason my dates (2/18-2/27) have been hovering between $550-800. Hotels are also unusually expensive. What is going on in Miami that week to cause such surge pricing? I've searched high and low and can't find anything meaningful going on over those dates.

Hi,

Presidents Day weekend on the 21st Feb boosting demand for that weekend?

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Hotel prices in Miami have skyrocketed this year, not just for President's Day weekend.
Apparently supply and demand.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Presidents Day weekend on the 21st Feb boosting demand for that weekend?

Regards

TBS
That is my guess. That would be one of the, if not the, peak week(s) for northerners coming to FL - about the deepest period of winter, plus a three-day weekend for many meaning people only have to take four days of vacation / PTO to get nine days off (including the weekends on both ends). Fly down Friday after work, then back north on the Sunday nine days later. So lots of people wanting to travel in those directions on those dates.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:07 pm

It could be the boat show... Feb 16-20, 2022.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:19 pm

I am looking for June and the price are crazy as well so I think it is just because of high demand this year…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.