Search

Best Disney Resort for a Pool Day

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:06 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
Best Disney Resort for a Pool Day

This obviously isn't airline related, but I figured FTers have a lot of good experience with hotels, too.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Disney World hotel based on their pool area? We'd like a day off from the parks to lounge at a quiet pool. Pool bar is required. Sans kids would be great, but I know that might not be realistic for Disney. Relocating within the Disney resort for a night for this is OK.

Thanks for your recommendations!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Disney Beach Club hands down. Great place to stay anyway.

Kids unavoidable. It's Disney.
TBD likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I second Often1! Definitely Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thirded! ( Although I was just googling and the Beach Club hotel is currently closed but the Beach club villas, and the Yacht club and pools are open)

( I also liked the Wilderness lodge ambience ( and there is a quieter pool at Boulder ridge villas a short walk from the main pool but not sure about the pool bar at Boulder creek- there is one at the main pool) (depending on when you are going this is currently closed)

Animal Kingdom was ok and Polynesian was not bad ( the views across the lagoon towards the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom are beautiful ( and can even see the fireworks)

The Grand Floridian looks nice.

I actually quite liked the Coronado springs resort ( Moderate) with the Lost city of Cibola main pool site with the Mayan ruins theme and the other pools dotted around each settlement ( altohough it has expanded with the Grand Destino tower recently)

( The Swan & Dolphin by epcot was quite good also with a large pool area )- this is not a full disney resort but handy if you want Marriott points.

Overall the Yacht & Beach Club would win

Depending on when you are travelling, availability is looking tight for some of the hotels so might consider booking earlier rather than later ( and some hotels are looking pricey even for Disney)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 18, 2021 at 3:52 am
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:33 am
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
Thanks, everyone!
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Here is a picture of part of the pool area from my room in the Yacht club in early Dec 2015 ( spent 2 nights there in a club room). The boat with the mast is the waterside ( side goes above the pedestrian walkway round the lake) . I chose a cloudy/rainy day to stay ( weather brighten up in the aftermoon after I checked out to go to the Marriott World center

Partial view of Stormalong bay ( more pool area obscured by the roof) from my room ( Yacht Club Dec 2015)

And a partial view of Wilderness lodge main pool ( taken in 2011 before DVC cabins were built on the lakeside a few years ago) -it was similar in 2015 but had a club room on the other side of the building with not so great views)

Regards

TBS

Waterslide is ar the bottom right of screen, pool bar in the middle, the gyeser is out of sight to the left and the other pool is on the other side of the building

Hidden by the trees at the bottom of the photo is the continuation of the pool and it ends at the bottom of the fake rocks with a small waterfall coming down from the rocks into the pool.-enjoyable.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 18, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The other advantage to Beach & Yacht (I suppose Yacht with Beach closed) is that it has a shallow sandy beach-ish area for toddlers. Kids congregate there while you don't have to. Not quite visible in the excellent photo above is the "lazy river" which lets you sit in an inner tube and float around a large roughly circular track.

Club room strongly recommended for all of the amentities.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Not sure when you are going but a lot/if not all of the Club lounges are closed currently.

Also there are reports on www.disboards that a Mobile waiting list is used for pool access if at capacity ( reports of a 2hr wait at Coronado springs)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/di...0342/page-1818

https://www.disboards.com/threads/an...3829787/page-4

Things may have been worse due to Spring break and easter.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 18, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.