Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Entry into FLL or Florida from MSY?

Old May 20, 20, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nada!

Anyone had any experience traveling into FLL or a Florida airport with the quarantine restrictions? What's the procedure and quarantine rules?

Thanks!
Old May 20, 20, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas View Post
Anyone had any experience traveling into FLL or a Florida airport with the quarantine restrictions? What's the procedure and quarantine rules?

Thanks!
No experience with it, but on https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/, it still lists orders requiring 14-day quarantines for travelers from Louisiana (Executive Order Number 20-86) and from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) (Executive Order Number 20-82).

FLL's website also lists this requirement: https://www.broward.org/airport/pass...s/default.aspx

I believe that the restriction was in place for travelers from WA, OR, and CA, but that requirement has since been dropped.

Edit/update:
Per the order summaries: "All persons isolating or quarantining will be responsible for all costs associated with their isolation or quarantine. This includes transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the individual during their period of isolation or quarantine."

And the airport's page says, "
Florida Department of Health representatives will screen arriving passengers with a questionnaire and collect contact information in the event a follow-up is required. The Florida National Guard and Broward Sheriff's Office will assist with the operation."

I realize you were asking for experience with it; I was curious; just sharing the info I found for posterity, and because I'm thinking of traveling there later this year.

Last edited by TheStrangerIn29K; May 20, 20 at 3:29 pm
Old May 20, 20, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA/United
Again, sorry this isn’t direct experience, but our local news outlets have been reporting that fliers coming in were being interviewed and having info recorded, locally here in SW Florida it was pretty casual though. They were reporting that people were having temperature checks and were asked if they had any symptoms and had to quarantine in their stated location. Again, just going on local news reporting, but they said people were only allowed out to get food or medical supplies or to exercise. I found this interesting compared to the quarantines elsewhere which don’t allow that (ex. Singapore, HK and European countries).
Now, most of our Stores and malls are to 50% capacity, restaurants are open for sit down service and most parks and beaches are open.
the other coast (FLL) is a little more restricted in Miami Dade and Broward though.
Old May 21, 20, 10:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
There is a checkpoint on I-10 eastbound as you enter Florida (coming from New Orleans).

All travelers are asked about their travel over the past several weeks. Travelers who've been in NY, CT, and LA are pulled aside and given additional information and instructions regarding self-quarantining, temp checks, etc.

All other travelers are allowed to pass.
Old May 22, 20, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Silver
Where is your connecting flight? If it is Atlanta or Charlotte it is unlikely you will be. Interviewed. They tend to focus on direct flights.
Had a friend fly into FLL yesterday from MSP and no interview. He originated in MKE though.
But no one on his flight was stopped.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: