Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Travelling to Everglades/Miami during Christmas holidays

Travelling to Everglades/Miami during Christmas holidays

Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Down Old Culter road are a couple Botanical gardens. fairchildgarden.org and montgomerybotanical.org.
I would also consider Crandon Park or Bill Braggs state park on Key Buscayne.
not trying to be serious. But I think it would be easier on you if you took the week off and just drove home around
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SJWarrior
not trying to be serious. But I think it would be easier on you if you took the week off and just drove home around

Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Down Old Culter road are a couple Botanical gardens. fairchildgarden.org and montgomerybotanical.org.
I would also consider Crandon Park or Bill Braggs state park on Key Buscayne.
Thanks for the information. We will drive around Key Buscayne area. Trying to avoid expensive gardens. Can you please suggest some options to spend on new year eve like fireworks/kids/family hang out place (preferably close to Brickell area).
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I saw some the other year at Bayfront Park (Bayfront Park, 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132) but it was packed to the gills. You might check there or....

The block party is free for all to attend, plus you’ll find street vendors and performers to keep you fed and entertained until the clock strikes midnight. At Ocean Dr and Ninth St.

Last edited by Ceres; Dec 30, 2019 at 7:59 am
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ceres
I saw some the other year at Bayfront Park (Bayfront Park, 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132) but it was packed to the gills. You might check there or....

The block party is free for all to attend, plus you’ll find street vendors and performers to keep you fed and entertained until the clock strikes midnight. At Ocean Dr and Ninth St.
Thanks for the information. Bayfront park is close to out hotel. We will check it out here.
Regarding sunpass, i forgot to remove it from rental car but deactivated account from my app. This should be fine right?

Last edited by rustum76; Dec 31, 2019 at 5:24 am
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rustum76
Thanks for the information. Bayfront park is close to out hotel. We will check it out here.
Regarding sunpass, i forgot to remove it from rental car but deactivated account from my app. This should be fine right?
That I do not know. I always use the toll by plate when I rent a car and keep my sunpasss' in our own cars.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:39 am
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Originally Posted by rustum76
Yes, you will not be charged for any tolls after deactivating it
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
So, how was it? What did you do?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:01 pm
Suspended

they never check back in after the trip

just fact of life
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Delete Duplicate
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the information. You guys really helped us with all the information. We really enjoyed Miami trip. We visited most of the places as planned.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

We have visited most of the places as planned based on the suggestions here. Wynwood walls , Frost Museum, Key west, Everglades on hwy 41 and 9336, key biscayne, South beach, north beach, south point park and new year eve / fireworks near 10th street.
Key west trip took too long to reach key west. Didn't get time to do much there.
Shark valley was too busy. We biked along the trail instead of tram. But didn't go all the way to observatory tower.
We took air boat ride in Allegator form (Paul did lot of 360 turns). Visited Robert fruit stand. Drove all the way to the end. Visited Anhinga and other trail on the way.
We went to beach/park near cape Florida lighthouse. We went to the top of lighthouse.
Spend full day near south Miami beach.
We skipped Vizcaya museum. Miami beach botanic garden was closed early.
Riding Metromover was a big fun for kids. Hotel was nice. Kids enjoyed free breakfast.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:28 pm
Suspended

I stand corrected!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.