Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Pensacola Beach - where to eat?

Pensacola Beach - where to eat?

Old Jan 7, 20, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
acg2 If you are feeling adventurous and like raw oysters and/or a nice heaping pile of steamed peel and eat shrimp I would suggest going to Maria's Seafood Market on Cervantes(They provide quite a few restaurants on the beach with their seafood including Peg Leg's). Get you a 10lb bag of oysters in the shell, 1 to 2 pounds of shrimp (steamed for free with seasoning if wanted "mild, medium, hot") an oyster shucking knife, and take that back to your hotel and enjoy it while watching the sunset with some nice wine or a good beer.
Old Jan 9, 20, 4:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman View Post
acg2 Get you a 10lb bag of ... 1 to 2 pounds of royal reds from Joe Patti's (steamed for free with seasoning if wanted "mild, medium, hot") an oyster shucking knife, and take that back to your hotel and enjoy it while watching the sunset with some nice wine or a good beer.
Fixed that for you. You're welcome.
acg2 and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:39 am

Maria's and Joe Patti's and Pensacola

Thank you both ! Back in the frigid temperatures of Pennsylvania...Our trip went so well. Despite traveling with a very cranky young adult / cranky hubs, and indifferent teen, the beach seemed to work for everyone, soothing tempers. A few G & T's (cranky young adult built up a bar bill at Red Fish, Blue Fish) certainly helped along with yoga on the beach and the hammocks the restaurant has on premises...

The following is a review of H02, a paddleboarding place, but they also do bikes. We will try biking next time - and leave the cranky folks at home. lol.

Went Paddle boarding at H o 2, on Pensacola Beach. They are a family in the hospitality business - used to do hotels, I think Steve (co-owner mentioned)... Called H02 on a whim, looking for a way to get on paddle boards for the afternoon. Owners, Deandra and Steve were so accommodating in getting us the boards for a few hours at the right price.

The weather was chilly for the locals, (barely kissed 70 degrees) but my darling boy and I took off behind the Dolphin restaurant and got up with two boards. We paddled out to across the Pensacola Beach Ball (water tower), down towards the far side the Bay, and got some precious time without the entire family around. Good bonding for Mom before sending son back to college...

Thank you Steven and Deandra for making this happen for us...memory making at its best.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: