Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

How to take Marta Atl to international terminal and can I check luggage at domestic t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to take Marta Atl to international terminal and can I check luggage at domestic t

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

I’ve taken Marta for domestic flts, this will be the first time international and read where there is a shuttle to get from one to another, does that mean that Marta doesn’t make an additional stop? Also, I read I can check my luggage in at the domestic terminal and that where I get off Marta to go to shuttle? Confusing to me.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @rubinka2591.

Please follow the redirect as we relocate your query as it appears you're talking about the ATL airport.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:03 am

Marta ends inside the domestic terminal. The standard way to get from there to the international terminal to check bags is to exit Marta, go right towards the South baggage claim, then right again to exit toward the taxis, rental cars etc. When you go outside, the shuttle buses to the international terminal are across the road from there. Get on and they will take you around to the international terminal.

I read here that checking luggage for an international flight terminal is allowed, so that would be an option as well. You would clear security on the domestic side and just go to your gate. Upon return, you would have to pick up bags at the international terminal so to get back to Marta you could take the same bus shuttle back to Marta.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If you are flying an airline that has a counter in the domestic terminal, you can check in for your international flight in domestic, go through security, then take the plane train over.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:30 am

It depends on your airline and checked baggage.

If it is a Skyteam member or Delta partnership, then Delta can probably accommodate you in the Domestic Terminal. Head over to terminal F with carry-on via Plane Train.
If it is other airlines, then all checked baggage would go on the shuttle so you could go over to the international terminal to check-in. Ride the shuttle with any checked luggage to get to your luggage drop off point.

When coming back, any check luggage will be claimed in the international terminal. In that situation, you're taking the airport shuttle from the International Terminal to the Marta station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.