Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

11 hour MCO layover: Best hotels for sleeping?

11 hour MCO layover: Best hotels for sleeping?

Old Jul 14, 19, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Question 11 hour MCO layover: Best hotels for sleeping?

I have an 11 hour layover at Orlando International Airport before a 14 hour flight to Dubai.

Flying in on JetBlue. Leaving on Emirates, either in business class or first.

What would be the 2-3 best hotels to maximize # of sleep hours?
Old Jul 14, 19, 4:47 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
The Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport would probably be the quickest and easiest hotel to get. It is literally in the middle of the airport. No shuttles, no long walks, etc. But it isn't the cheapest hotel near the hotel. There are a bunch of hotels from all the major hotel companies on the North side of the airport. Most of them will have shuttles that can come pick you up and drop you back off. Driving time is only about 5-10 minutes, but you might have to wait for a shuttle to pick you up. I usually use points to stay at the Sheraton Suites unless I'm staying at the Hyatt in the airport, but there are a lot of different options to fit most any hotel taste.
Old Jul 17, 19, 11:07 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MareLuce View Post
What would be the 2-3 best hotels to maximize # of sleep hours?
Find one with a hotel shuttle, as close to the airport as you can. As soon as you land call the hotel and check the status of the shuttle, to cut down on your wait time.
Old Jul 24, 19, 12:57 pm

La Quinta Airport North, 7160 North Frontage Road. 5 minutes from the terminal and they have a shuttle.
BamaVol likes this.

Search this Thread