Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Free wifi at MIA?

Free wifi at MIA?

Old Feb 11, 19, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Free wifi at MIA?

Can anyone confirm that there is Free wifi with full Internet access provided in the Arrivals area at MIA or on Trirail trains? My online searches don't give a definitive answer.

thanks in advance.

Update - just called trirail - they say they do provide free wifi on trains. Can anyone anwer the query about MIA?

Last edited by peter1962; Feb 11, 19 at 9:21 pm Reason: Added trirail to query
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peter1962 View Post
Can anyone confirm that there is Free wifi with full Internet access provided in the Arrivals area at MIA or on Trirail trains? My online searches don't give a definitive answer.

thanks in advance.

Update - just called trirail - they say they do provide free wifi on trains. Can anyone anwer the query about MIA?
MIA has free wifi but I believe it's limited to 45 minutes or so. I seems as though on occasion it's free unlimited if you are willing to sit through an ad. However, electronics are usually not allowed in the arrivals hall (customs). Only once you have exited customs and have entered into the terminal may you use electronics.
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. My research online seems to suggest that the free wifi at MIA is limited to specific travel info websites and does not give full access. I'll see what happens when I get there.

Are electronics usage prohibited in the domestic arrivals hall?
Old Feb 12, 19, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peter1962 View Post
Thanks for the reply. My research online seems to suggest that the free wifi at MIA is limited to specific travel info websites and does not give full access. I'll see what happens when I get there.

Are electronics usage prohibited in the domestic arrivals hall?
What do you mean by "domestic arrivals hall?" If you are arriving from a domestic or from a US pre-clearance airport you simply walk off the a/c into the airport. There is public wifi at MIA under Boingo. As I said it's usually limited to 30 or 45 minutes but sometimes if you sit through an ad you can get unlimited access. If your arriving International you're go through customs. Pull out a cell phone in the customs hall (sometimes referred to as Arrivals Hall) someone will be barking in your ear.
Old Feb 12, 19, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

My apologies. My use of the phrase 'domestic Arrivals Hall' was to indicate the domestic gate area and baggage pickup, not the Customs Hall. We're both on the same page now. Thanks for the guidance on Boingo, if it fails to co-operate my fallback will be Trirail's wifi once I get on board the train.