Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

New Orleans - Roosevelt or Intercontinental?

Old Jan 21, 19, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry

Can get a good deal on both. Not sure which to pick. Have IHG Spire Ambassador and Hilton Diamond. Not looking for historical so much. Would like a big room, food and drink would be nice too. It looks like I may get a nice credit at the Roosevelt. Personally, I think the IC looks better to me. Any other thoughts?
Old Jan 21, 19, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Definitely the Roosevelt. Honestly, neither is a great hotel, but the Roosevelt is much better. The Intercontinental is a dull box of a hotel. Everything about it the building, the location, the rooms is boring. The Roosevelt is a beautiful building in a decent location with good (but not great) rooms. The food and beverage offerings at the Roosevelt are much better too.
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
Definitely the Roosevelt. Honestly, neither is a great hotel, but the Roosevelt is much better. The Intercontinental is a dull box of a hotel. Everything about it the building, the location, the rooms is boring. The Roosevelt is a beautiful building in a decent location with good (but not great) rooms. The food and beverage offerings at the Roosevelt are much better too.
This.
And order a sazerac at the bar, just to say you've done it.
Old Jan 23, 19, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Will I get a breakfast and a $30 daily food credit at the Roosevelt?
Old Jan 24, 19, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Will I get a breakfast and a $30 daily food credit at the Roosevelt?
No idea, but Id still choose it over the intercontinental.
Old Jan 28, 19, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
I was there in October and split my stay. The IC isn't terrible, but there really isn't anything to recommend it. I was "upgraded" to a suite, which meant I was given an enormous room with a living room and a view of...the building across the alley. It was really dark and I had to turn on my lights during the daytime. I had one day where I worked from my room and it was seriously depressing. There was also extensive construction next door.

My room at the Roosevelt was somewhat smaller, but had a great view and nice bathroom. Food options were also much better.
Old Jan 29, 19, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate the responses. I originally started at the IC because I had some accelerate offers to hit. Plus, they were going to give me a suite, and it was going to be a cheap stay with AMB BOGO (have two to use). I got an extremely good deal on the Roosevelt too. I booked just under a suite. I'm not too hopeful I will get that upgrade though. After the F&B credit, both stays will cost the same. It sounds like the Roosevelt will be a better experience.
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I appreciate the responses. I originally started at the IC because I had some accelerate offers to hit. Plus, they were going to give me a suite, and it was going to be a cheap stay with AMB BOGO (have two to use). I got an extremely good deal on the Roosevelt too. I booked just under a suite. I'm not too hopeful I will get that upgrade though. After the F&B credit, both stays will cost the same. It sounds like the Roosevelt will be a better experience.
This is an easy choice. I would take a regular room at the Roosevelt over a suite at the IC.