Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Rental Car Return and Airline Check In Orlando

Rental Car Return and Airline Check In Orlando

Old Jan 20, 19, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Question Rental Car Return and Airline Check In Orlando

My understanding is that one can check in for their flight right there in the car rental return garage at level R1 after dropping off your car. You don't have to go into the departure terminal to check in. Has anyone done this and where exactly is the location of the check in? Will be flying out American domestic.Cannot find anywhere on line that can give me this information.

Thanks..
Old Jan 20, 19, 10:03 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the FT South Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 25, 19, 3:16 pm

The counter is located on the first level of the parking garage in the rental car area. After you drop off your car, go to Level R1 if you are not there already. Head toward the terminal. Don't cross the road into the terminal. The drop-off is located to the left of the Alamo booth on R1. It is small and not well marked. It serves most major airlines.

They collect up baggage for all flights and then truck it over to the terminal and drop it off, so they stop accepting for a particular flight about an hour and a half before the scheduled takeoff. I have used them several times with no problem. Went from there directly to security. From dropping off the car to the gate should take you less than half an hour if you have Precheck.
Old Jan 25, 19, 4:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Also, a reminder to make sure you avoid the RIPOFF gas stations on South Semoran when you fill your rental car up before return the car: MCO Gas Station RIPOFF.

David

p.s. A link to the specific post on which gas stations to avoid: Data from 05/01/15 and 06/08/15 plus Wawa Navigation Recommendations
Old Jan 26, 19, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
The counter is located on the first level of the parking garage in the rental car area. After you drop off your car, go to Level R1 if you are not there already. Head toward the terminal. Don't cross the road into the terminal. The drop-off is located to the left of the Alamo booth on R1. It is small and not well marked. It serves most major airlines.

They collect up baggage for all flights and then truck it over to the terminal and drop it off, so they stop accepting for a particular flight about an hour and a half before the scheduled takeoff. I have used them several times with no problem. Went from there directly to security. From dropping off the car to the gate should take you less than half an hour if you have Precheck.
Perfect. That is what I was looking for. Thanks Very Much.
Old Jan 26, 19, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Also, a reminder to make sure you avoid the RIPOFF gas stations on South Semoran when you fill your rental car up before return the car: MCO Gas Station RIPOFF.

David

p.s. A link to the specific post on which gas stations to avoid: Data from 05/01/15 and 06/08/15 plus Wawa Navigation Recommendations
Have taken note.
Old Mar 5, 19, 6:26 am

FYI - The baggage drop in the A side garage was closed on Monday 3/4 at 5:30 PM.

Search this Thread