Need a quiet place for a 5 hour conference call at MIA tomorrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Anyone have any suggestions? I have an AC membership. Does the MIA AC have private phone rooms like LGA?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by donotblink
Anyone have any suggestions? I have an AC membership. Does the MIA AC have private phone rooms like LGA?
Depending on how important the quiet is to you you could always book the conference room (@$65/hour).

Or try hiding back in the work carrels for free.....
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by jhalapin
Depending on how important the quiet is to you you could always book the conference room (@$65/hour).

Or try hiding back in the work carrels for free.....
$65 x 5 hours = $325. Wouldn't a day room at an airport hotel be half the price or less?! Of course, you have to reclear security.
cmd320 and Pittie Pup like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless the call is one where interruptions and privacy are unimportant, I would book a room at an airport area hotel. Depending on which five hours you need, you might even find a decent day rate by calling the property's front desk directly.
BeanTownBoy likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'd probably just exit security and grab a room here, they may even offer some cheap day rates. I wouldn't pay $65/hour for a conference room in the AC.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
$65 x 5 hours = $325. Wouldn't a day room at an airport hotel be half the price or less?! Of course, you have to reclear security.
Plus, the OP would have to consider the time factor getting to the hotel and back to MIA.

There is an actually a hotel on site at MIA and for a check-in tomorrow, it would be a rate of $139 plus tax and the OP wouldn't even need to leave the airport though he would have to reclear security.

MIA Hotel
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I’m actually staying in south beach right now. The call is 1-6pm. I can’t get late checkout beyond and even that’s not guaranteed... thinking about the Sheraton at the airport.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
There are empty gates not being used at MIA now--one of those might work for you.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taxatty56
There are empty gates not being used at MIA now--one of those might work for you.
This is accurate. In fact if you went out to E you'd likely have the entire building to yourself. I sat there for an hour back in October and never saw another person.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I was just at MIA a couple times. Plenty of empty space at the AC lounge to hold a call. Empty room or empty corner. Also an empty gate like somebody else said. that's what I usually do.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is accurate. In fact if you went out to E you'd likely have the entire building to yourself. I sat there for an hour back in October and never saw another person.
Except all those loudspeaker announcements about watching your luggage can cramp one's style on a 5 hour call.

OP the Centurion has phone rooms but they're not exactly soundproofed. I'd go with the Sheraton.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Except all those loudspeaker announcements about watching your luggage can cramp one's style on a 5 hour call.

OP the Centurion has phone rooms but they're not exactly soundproofed. I'd go with the Sheraton.
Hahah I have been there. I was doing a long conference call at an empty DL gate at ATL once...not a soul around...and then the announcements.

YMMV, but the AC club, in the back in MIA, had the empty rooms/areas when I was there. Maybe go early and check it out. If it the conference call is career making/breaking, you could burn some Bonvoy points at the Sheraton as others have suggested.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold

Mute your call/meeting. I mean, unless OP needs to talk for the entire 5-6 hours. Personally, I have fallen asleep at these kind of long conference calls
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually don't remember hearing them while I was sitting in E, though it's possible I've just tuned them out entirely at this point. There was a TV with audible CNN in the background somewhere though. You could probably get away from it if you moved far enough.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
Hyatt have an "office for the day" rate. For $78.54 incl. tax you can get a room at the Hyatt Place by the airport from 7am-7pm. It also comes with 2 elite qualifying nights (although it looks like you're more interested in Marriotts).

https://www.hyatt.com/shop/miaxm?roo...fercode=OFFICE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.