Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Airport Concierge Service [ATL]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Royal Airport Concierge Service [ATL]

Hi
has anyone used Royal Airport Concierge service at Atlanta Airport? We have a non code share connection at Atlanta Airport on the 30th December (Delta 536 to British Airways 226) 5 years ago I did a connection through Atlanta and we queued for over 2 hours at passport control and barely made our flight so I’m wondering if it is possible to fast track immigration and get to the BA checkin desk as quickly as possible?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:23 am
Original Member

I'll be interested in responses to this. It sounds as if you are outnound from the U.S. in which case there really is no passport control. Incoming to the U.S. is a very different story and there is no immigration fastracking unless you are in pre-registered vetted program or flying private.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

We are outbound from Cancun so I think we will have to clear immigration in Atlanta as this is an international flight and then onto the BA flight to London Heathrow. The flight to Atlanta is in Economy and then the flight to London is in First Class (not sure if that information is relevant to any speedy fast track options)
i would consider paying for the Royal Airport Concierge service but just want to be sure that it is definitely able to fast track us through the airport procedures.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:57 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by ukdeebee
We are outbound from Cancun so I think we will have to clear immigration in Atlanta as this is an international flight and then onto the BA flight to London Heathrow. The flight to Atlanta is in Economy and then the flight to London is in First Class (not sure if that information is relevant to any speedy fast track options)
i would consider paying for the Royal Airport Concierge service but just want to be sure that it is definitely able to fast track us through the airport procedures.
I don't know anything about the service you cite but, typically, there is no fastracking immigration when inbound to the U,S.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think it would just be ground side services. Fast track is usually for diplomats, certain APEC and NEXUS fast track card holders, and servicemembers.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hi
has anyone used Royal Airport Concierge service at Atlanta Airport? We have a non code share connection at Atlanta Airport on the 30th December (Delta 536 to British Airways 226) 5 years ago I did a connection through Atlanta and we queued for over 2 hours at passport control and barely made our flight so I’m wondering if it is possible to fast track immigration and get to the BA checkin desk as quickly as possible?
The US does not have any form of fast track immigration based on status or service. You can invest in Global Entry, but it’s too late for that.

You say you have a ‘non code share connection’. I take it that you mean you have two separate tickets, in which case you don’t have a connection at all. I don’t know about timings or potential Terminal changes, but understand that you won’t be able to check any luggage through and will need to present yourself to BA check in in time for your flight to LHR (and going through security again). If your DL flight is late or cancelled, you will BA auto-cancelled in BA with only a residual ticket value. If you bought flexible F tickets, not so much a problem; if they were Avios or discounted, likely to be closer to zero and you’ll have to organise new transport home on your own. DL will not protect you.

Housekeeping: this does not belong in this forum, I’ve alerted a moderator.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

US has paid expedited at one airport - LAX (started last year)

booking DL VIP select (or AA five star) may help but not guaranteed

global entry approval / interview can be fast

these threads (airport VIP etc) are usually in travel products IIRC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.