Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Tolls around RSW/ Ft Myers

Tolls around RSW/ Ft Myers

Old Sep 17, 18, 11:38 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ORD
Programs: status free since 2017
Posts: 2,014
Tolls around RSW/ Ft Myers

I will be heading to Ft Myers for wedding this weekend. Car rentals are cheap ($30-35 from Payless) but won't be if it's anything like Miami (i.e. FL Sunpass required everywhere).

Just checking if I should stick with car rental or Uber/Lyft? I dont plan on driving much except for hotel to church/reception venue and back (about 12miles each way). Would you guys recommend car rental or Uber?
carsnoceans is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 8:37 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,324
Originally Posted by carsnoceans View Post
I will be heading to Ft Myers for wedding this weekend. Car rentals are cheap ($30-35 from Payless) but won't be if it's anything like Miami (i.e. FL Sunpass required everywhere).

Just checking if I should stick with car rental or Uber/Lyft? I dont plan on driving much except for hotel to church/reception venue and back (about 12miles each way). Would you guys recommend car rental or Uber?
I'd just go with Uber or Lyft. Places like Payless can take forever to get and return the car. Not worth the hassle given the amount of driving you will be doing. Not to mention if you have a couple of drinks at the reception.
newyorkgeorge is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 11:38 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FLL
Programs: HH Diamond, AGR, DL tin-foil (FO)
Posts: 41
I can't answer re: rental vs. Uber/Lyft, but I can tell you the only tolls in the Ft Myers area are a couple of bridges to Cape Coral, and they all have cash lanes. So Sunpass definitely not required.
jcm9572 is offline  
Old Sep 18, 18, 1:00 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ORD
Programs: status free since 2017
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by jcm9572 View Post
I can't answer re: rental vs. Uber/Lyft, but I can tell you the only tolls in the Ft Myers area are a couple of bridges to Cape Coral, and they all have cash lanes. So Sunpass definitely not required.
Wedding church is in Ft Myers and reception is in Cape Coral (right across Cape Coral Bridge) so I'll probably be using those tolls. Are these cash booths manned at odd hours as well?

thanks for the info!
carsnoceans is offline  
Old Sep 19, 18, 7:29 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FLL
Programs: HH Diamond, AGR, DL tin-foil (FO)
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by carsnoceans View Post
Wedding church is in Ft Myers and reception is in Cape Coral (right across Cape Coral Bridge) so I'll probably be using those tolls. Are these cash booths manned at odd hours as well?

thanks for the info!
Can't say I've driven over any of these bridges at odd hours, but I'd be absolutely dumbfounded if there wasn't one cash lane open 24-7.
Also note the toll is (last I checked) $2, and only collected in the westbound (Fort Myers to Cape Coral) direction.
jcm9572 is offline  
Old Sep 20, 18, 9:01 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ORD
Programs: status free since 2017
Posts: 2,014
Thanks again jcm9572
carsnoceans is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread