Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Took Hours to Exit ATL Parking Garage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Took Hours to Exit ATL Parking Garage

It appears it took hours to Exit a Parking Garage in ATL. The basic problem is they have many pay stations but only one exit. An ATL official, Mr. Gobiel said there is nothing that can be done and maybe you should not park there but use other methods to get to the airport! At least one other airport has a simple solution for excessive backups. They open the gates. Mr. Gobiel should be fired and replaced by someone who is more concerned about his customers. A little lost revenue from those few who found they could leave w/o prepaying pales compared to the hours long inconvenience.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:59 am

Did this happen to you personally? I just searched online and couldn't find any media reports related to anything close.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Did this happen to you personally? I just searched online and couldn't find any media reports related to anything close.
Here's one: https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bra...rage/823574701
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:54 am

Thanks swag. I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff online. I tried looking at the Atlanta paper and city blogs but didn't think to look at TV stations. I never bother with my local stations, as they tend to sensationalize everything. There's a bit of that here, as the headline is: Airport Nightmare.

Obviously, it's subjective. Still, I think "nightmare" is far too strong a word to use for a traffic problem. I missed being in the Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) shooting by a few days. I had taken the same flight as the shooter, used the bathroom where he loaded the gun, and waited for my checked luggage where people were murdered a few days later. That's a nightmare.

(Sorry for the off-topic comment. I just hate when media outlets do nonsense like that.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.