Wiki Posts
Search

MCO to TPA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

MCO to TPA?

Hi,

Any suggestions for reasonable transportation between the two airports? I know Uber used to have "Uber highway" and it was about $100 one way. Wondering if anyone has any other options?

Thanks,
A
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I’ve rented a car one way on more than one occasion. Between TPA - MCO or SRQ. I’ve gotten TPA - SRQ for as low as $19 (plus taxes) Even MIA-TPA for $40.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Typically, there are no drop charges between most cities in Florida with most rental car agencies. Cheapest way to get between the two.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by amw3000
Hi,

Any suggestions for reasonable transportation between the two airports? I know Uber used to have "Uber highway" and it was about $100 one way. Wondering if anyone has any other options?

Thanks,
A
Linear Air Taxi will fly you RT for $3,304, according to Kayak.com. That might not meet your "reasonable" requirement, but it is only 41 minutes and I believe you get to choose when to leave.
DELee likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ceres
I’ve rented a car one way on more than one occasion. Between TPA - MCO or SRQ. I’ve gotten TPA - SRQ for as low as $19 (plus taxes) Even MIA-TPA for $40.
Thanks - I completely didn't think of driving. Is there anything worth seeing between the cities?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
I-4 and follow the signs

Take the I-4 and follow the signs.
BTW, getting out of MCO w/o paying tolls can be a challenge. I suggest you rent from a city location, also reduces the surcharges
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks - I completely didn't think of driving. Is there anything worth seeing between the cities?
Dinosaur World? The Holy land Experience?

Lots of touristy stuff including all the Disney things. All depends on what your interests are. It is a fairly rural area between the two cities.
If you really wanted to stop, Disney Springs. Other than parking, it is free.
Orlando is north of where you are going to turn off for the airport. So that is out.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Use someone list Costco to reserve the car. I did a couple dummy reservations, and they are cheaper than Hertz or Avis. Unless you have a good corporate code.

And if you're traveling from MCO - TPA there are more things a few things to see in Tampa. The Aquarium, river walk, a few museums including the children museum, Ybor city, along with numerous parks, all a short drive from TPA.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Dinosaur World? The Holy land Experience?

Lots of touristy stuff including all the Disney things. All depends on what your interests are. It is a fairly rural area between the two cities.
If you really wanted to stop, Disney Springs. Other than parking, it is free.
Orlando is north of where you are going to turn off for the airport. So that is out.
Some slight corrections: The Holy Land Experience is located in the opposite direction of travel. Going there would be require a detour. It's not a huge detour, but a detour nonetheless.

And it's free to park at Disney Springs.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Some slight corrections: The Holy Land Experience is located in the opposite direction of travel. Going there would be require a detour. It's not a huge detour, but a detour nonetheless.

And it's free to park at Disney Springs.
I forget that the connection to 417 is so far south on I4. I thought when they added the parking garages they started charging at Disney Springs. I guess I was mis-remembering. Thanks for the corrections!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Not really.
FLYMSY likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
If you don’t want to uber the only option is to rent a car and drive yourself like they say above.
Second, are you staying in Tampa for a while or just catching another flight? There is legitimately nothing in between the two cities worth stopping for. Really you should A. kill time in Orlando or B. Kill extra time in Tampa. There’s a lot to do in Tampa that’s not shopping. TPA has the benefit of actually being located inside the city not outside and can be quick drive when there’s no traffic on 275.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would not overcomplicate this. It's a 90-minute drive and, presuming that you are picking up and dropping off at the airport because that is where you want to be, it really isn't worth the time & hassle to go offsite to save a few bucks.

Just grab whatever is cheapest for the day in question (and has onsite) available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.