FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   How easy/hard is it to get an Uber/Lyft at FLL late at night? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/1914954-how-easy-hard-get-uber-lyft-fll-late-night.html)

WolfieG Jun 17, 2018 10:54 pm

How easy/hard is it to get an Uber/Lyft at FLL late at night?

Hi everyone! I was wondering how easy/hard it would be to get an Uber/Lyft late at night at FLL to Delray Beach, as me and Mom will be flying in from LGA on B61371 on June 30th, 2018 and arriving on July 1st at 12:25AM. Since we have not flown in that late and our friend who will be taking us to FLL that morning won't be available then, we thought that using Uber/Lyft would work best for us due to using them many times before. If it helps, we will also not have any checked bags as this is a quick one day trip for our Uncle's 90th Birthday dinner in NYC. Thank you very much! :D

pbiflyer Jun 18, 2018 10:09 pm

I fly into PBI all the time at that late hour and have no issues with getting Uber or Lyft. Drivers have said that they hang out until the last planes set down. And there is a Delta plane that lands close to 1am in FLL.
I would suspect due to the proximity of Fort Lauderdale Beach and even Hollywood that you would not have an issue.

That being said, I have not tried to get one at FLL at that time.

RumPatrol Jun 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by WolfieG (Post 29877408)
Hi everyone! I was wondering how easy/hard it would be to get an Uber/Lyft late at night at FLL to Delray Beach, as me and Mom will be flying in from LGA on B61371 on June 30th, 2018 and arriving on July 1st at 12:25AM. Since we have not flown in that late and our friend who will be taking us to FLL that morning won't be available then, we thought that using Uber/Lyft would work best for us due to using them many times before. If it helps, we will also not have any checked bags as this is a quick one day trip for our Uncle's 90th Birthday dinner in NYC. Thank you very much! :D

I've never had to do it since I always drive myself to/from FLL but Uber/Lyft drivers are always out late into the night here in FLL so it shouldn't be difficult at all. Even if there isn't a driver there, one will not be too far away.

Madone59 Jun 19, 2018 7:45 am

Easy. I did it two weeks ago around the same time. The ride share area was packed!

WolfieG Jun 21, 2018 9:10 pm

Thank you everyone! :D It looks like this will definitely work out and we should have no problem getting an Uber that late at night, especially at FLL. Thank you all again and have a great weekend! :D

WolfieG Jul 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Update: We had no trouble at all getting an Uber at FLL past midnight. After we arrived at FLL on B61371 from LGA at about 12:20AM, we then hailed an Uber via my Mother's iPhone since her's was closer at hand since mine was buried in my pocket. We waited about ten minutes for an UberX and we had a bit of difficulty finding the ride share pick up area for Uber, Lyft et al between Terminals 3 and 4 at FLL, but we ultimately found it. Our Uber, which was a like new 2013-2017 Honda Accord arrived at the promised time and our driver was excellent! The ride back to Delray took about 40-minutes via I-595 west, I-95 north to Exit 52: Atlantic Avenue (FL-806), and Atlantic Avenue (FL-806) westbound and cost about $50. All in all, we would definitely do Uber/Lyft again if we did not use a car service or our friend were not available to drive us. Thank you to all for your help! :D