Wiki Posts
Search

Miami hotels - FS or MO?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Miami hotels - FS or MO?

Hi, have a short trip to Miami in March (first visit), both FS and MO look good - any thoughts on these, or indeed anywhere else? Looking for a relaxing time hence not South Beach I think!

Thanks
Crowe
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Have not stayed at either, but been to both. So, take this for what is it worth.
Friends have stayed at the MO and liked it.

That being said, if you are planning just hanging at the resort, the MO has a better view and probably better facilities. If you want to wander elsewhere without a car, FS might be a better choice. Shorter walk to restaurants and the Miami MetroMover to go other places. But both are equal walking distance to the Mary Brickell Village which has a series of shops and restaurants.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by crowe
Hi, have a short trip to Miami in March (first visit), both FS and MO look good - any thoughts on these, or indeed anywhere else? Looking for a relaxing time hence not South Beach I think!
You can have a relaxing time on South Beach.No one will force you to go to the clubs!

If you want to be on the beach, though, and want to avoid South Beach, the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne is a wonderfully relaxing hotel.It attracts a lot of families, but one of their two pools is an adults pool. The hotel itself is not as nice as the FS or MO, but it's still plenty nice.

I too have been to, but have not stayed at, either the FS or the MO. Both are beautiful hotels, and I trust both chains immensely. If you're ok sitting by the pool rather than being on the beach, I'm sure they're fine choices. But if you would prefer to be on the beach, you really should reconsider South Beach or the RC-Key Biscayne.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:04 am
Original Poster

OK that's interesting, will take a look.

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Good suggestion by Blumie. Also think about the Fountainebleau.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Blumie
You can have a relaxing time on South Beach.No one will force you to go to the clubs!

If you want to be on the beach, though, and want to avoid South Beach, the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne is a wonderfully relaxing hotel.It attracts a lot of families, but one of their two pools is an adults pool. The hotel itself is not as nice as the FS or MO, but it's still plenty nice.

I too have been to, but have not stayed at, either the FS or the MO. Both are beautiful hotels, and I trust both chains immensely. If you're ok sitting by the pool rather than being on the beach, I'm sure they're fine choices. But if you would prefer to be on the beach, you really should reconsider South Beach or the RC-Key Biscayne.

I love the Ritz on KB. Great place to relax. Amazing cuisine nearby and very relaxing.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Ceres
Amazing cuisine nearby and very relaxing.
With the exception of the great breakfast/brunch buffet at the Ritz, I haven’t found anything I would call “amazing cuisine” in KB and generally drive off the Key to dine. What places do you have in mind?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I've had the best Peruvian ceviche at Mixtura on Crandon. Kebo is a Spanish Tapas restaurant. There is a small Argentine Bistro right around the corner from Starbucks. I forget the name. There are a couple killer Italian places. All nice and quaint with most having outdoor seating.

Granted you have to enjoy South American and Mediterranean cuisine, but there is also good Asian and even an Indian restaurant. I don't care for the Indian place, to be honest.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS surf club opened last year, some good comments here, has 'cabana' rooms as well as residential (high end kitchens etc) units in hotel inventory

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 8, 2018 at 7:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.