Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A few days in Florida over Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:03 am
Original Poster

A few days in Florida over Christmas

Trying to find a hotel on beach in Florida for a few nights over Christmas to get out of the Northeast cold. Don't care much about exact location as long as it's within an hour of the airport. Had originally booked Marriot Palm beach singer island but recent reviews don't look great. Anyway west coast might be better for us anyway as we have little kids who won't really be able to go into the water on the atlantic coast.

Requirements:
On the beach
Good pool options, kids pool/splash park would be nice.
Need at least a 1-bedroom real suite (ie separate rooms - knocks out the sheraton sand key).
Would be nice if it were hyatt, marriot, or starwood (so i can use points) but not necessary.
Price $800 or less a night if I can't use points.

So far have found the marriot clearwater beach which is quite cheap, though not on the beach directly. South seas the reviews make it sound dirty and a bit of a mess as far as amenities when busy. Any other ideas? Haven't booked flights yet so we are flexible as to location.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
True one bedroom suites on the beach are going to be tough. They typically try and maximize space on the waterfront.
You could check out the Marriott vacation property in Ft Lauderdale Beach. It is just across the street to the beach.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
The Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne is a great family option, though I doubt it’ll fit your budget. You can use your Marriott points though.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:21 am

Check out the Don CeSar at St. Pete Beach, if you don’t mind staying on the Gulf Coast. Use the Tampa airport. It’s a historic hotel.

Effortless Elegance At A St. Pete Beach Hotel - The Don CeSar
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
It's not elegant but I always put my friends up at the Residence on Treasure Island when they come to visit. 45 minutes from TPA, its right on the beach and they have one and two bedrooms. There is a beach boardwalk right next to the place. The pool is just okay, but it didnt matter to me as they just came to my place.

They say tradewinds right on St Pete beach is nice for kids. Guy Harvey resort as well. The Hyatt in Clearwater is nicer and just across the street from the beach. I stayed there and loved it.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA - seesaws between no status and Silver; HH Diamond
You probably already have something by now, but if not - we stayed at the Sandpearl Resort on Clearwater Beach and liked it very much. Right on the beach, nice pool with some kids activities. The surrounding area has a lot of beachy, t-shirt shop vibe but there are also some good casual restaurants in close walking distance.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Have you looked at Marco Island? It's great for kids - the Marriott property is fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.