Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

River Flooding in New Orleans - Impact on Cruises?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

I read today that the National Weather Service has issued a River Flood Warning for Orleans Parish, stating from March 13 through March 21, the river is expected to rise near flood stage "making navigation and docking difficult." Anyone familiar with past flooding levels in NOLA know if this will impact the cruise ships? We're on the NCL Pearl sailing out on the 7th and coming back on the 11th, so I assume we will be fine.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:23 pm

It will have zero impact for the passengers, including the ones on cruises 3/13-3/21. Before it would become a problem, Army Corps of Engineers would open the Spillway, which is north of the city. The Spillway diverts water from the river to Lake Pontchartrain. Enjoy your cruise. Much ado about nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.