Suggestion for Orlando Accomodation?

Old Mar 1, 18, 7:52 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Suggestion for Orlando Accomodation?

Dear FT friends,

I am working on accommodation for my husband in Orlando, FL for March 20 - March 31. He is bringing his mother up for her 70th birthday from Bogota, Colombia and his sister, niece and nephew will be joining.

I thought it might be nice to do something different than just a hotel room but I have never booked resorts or homes.

I want to keep the cost under $2k since he is covering all tickets and other expenses.

Any advice or suggestions? If possible,want to book with my CSR card. Thanks in advance.

William
Old Mar 1, 18, 9:04 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Orlando is probably the timeshare capital of the world. And if you have any Marriott points, there are a number of very nice MVCI properties you can probably use points to stay in a 1, 2 or even 3 bedroom apartment and most are either on the same property as a Marriott resort (i.e. the various Palms properties) or they have their own resort amenities (i.e. Grand Vista). With so many timeshare options to choose from, from a price perspective you might well be able to find some non-Marriott options that are very nice and fairly inexpensive as well.

While I've never tried to rent a house around Orlando, I have used ResortQuest to rent houses in other parts of Florida (mostly in the panhandle around Destin/Panama City Beach areas) and can't complain about the price or the houses I stayed at. Though its been a few years since I've even done that, but I don't remember the process being too hard to follow.
Old Mar 6, 18, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Exploder, Marriott Plat Premier, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, WN CP, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I really enjoyed the Hyatt Grand Cypress. You might be able to use a use a DSU to upgrade a week of it but it still looks way over budget as with anything in Orlando that's spring break season. I live on treasure island and its full-blown tourist season and people everywhere. I imagine Orlando looks the same.

Search this Thread