Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A few days in New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:54 pm

;
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Bacchanal itself is a great spot though, even if one Uber driver I had recommended it as “Back Channel”
Hopefully, you’ll get the hang of NOLA Dialect soon.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
;
Hopefully, you’ll get the hang of NOLA Dialect soon.
After 20 years of visits I may just be getting a bite on it, including both acceptable pronunciations of the street I live on (is that doo-FAW-set or doo-fa-SAT???)
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

After 20 years of visits I may just be getting a bite on it, including both acceptable pronunciations of the street I live on (is that doo-FAW-set or doo-fa-SAT???)
I thought I was getting the hang of pronunciations here, but then yesterday I heard a newscaster mention the "Milan" neighborhood.

(hint: not even close to MXP)
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:17 am

It helps to be multi-lingual.
Being a Realtor and having helped clients on that street, my preference is for the first pronunciation.

Originally Posted by swag
I thought I was getting the hang of pronunciations here, but then yesterday I heard a newscaster mention the "Milan" neighborhood.

(hint: not even close to MXP)
Don’t get me started!!!
While growing up, I lived on that street for awhile. Also, went to McDonogh #7, which is on Milan. My BIG claim to fame there was winning 1st place in the Shoebox Mardi Gras float building contest.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Somehow I did know about MY-lan Street, possibly in the same way I knew how to pronounce the name of the town I stayed in last night, Natchitoches FLYMSY, I too prefer the doo-FAW-set version, if only because that’s the one I learned first!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.