Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

New TPA car rental center (Tampa Airport)

New TPA car rental center (Tampa Airport)

Old Feb 15, 18, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Question New TPA car rental center (Tampa Airport)

Will be renting a car at TIA next week. Any comments on the new SkyConnect appreciated.
Old Feb 15, 18, 6:40 pm

Hiya. I arrived last night into Tampa (TPA) and it was apparently the first day of operation. There are few signs and a bunch of confusion but the system seems to work. There are only 2 stops - parking and then rental cars.

From baggage claim go the the end of the hall and take the (long) escalator up.
Old Feb 17, 18, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA,Hyatt,Hilton,Marriott
Thumbs down TPA New Rental Car Terminal

Ability to check in luggage. Not airline staff. Is there time for luggage to get to your carrier? (How high is the pile?). Careful on train; doors close quickly and do not easily open if someone stuck with door closing. Fast on curves. End of ride is at end of terminal. Long Long Long walk to other end for AA and some others. . No assistance for handicapped. No wheelchairs. Elevators not signed. It took us about 45 min longer than in the past.
Old Feb 21, 18, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the input. At least I don't have to walk for 20 min. to get to car rental like I do at my home airport. (YYC)
Old Feb 23, 18, 8:38 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
Went through TPA yesterday, It's definitely a very nice rental car center. Certainly still showing some things that need to be worked out or needed additional signage. For example, when returning to Hertz, located on the 2nd floor of the deck, there is a single entrance over the tire spikes for three companies and then no signs showing which way to go, instead they had a person standing there asking you what company you're returning to. Hopefully these are things that just haven't been completed yet.

Search this Thread