Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel near CLT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Hotel near CLT

Through circumstances out of my control my wife needs to spend two nights in CLT without a car... proximity to CLT is a plus; however it seems like those hotels are in a complete wasteland... are there any that have restaurants or shops nearby? or rather should I look at the South Park Area and have her take a taxi/uber?

thanks
FDW
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
There are no "good" hotel options near CLT. I recommend a hotel in either the Up Town area or South Park area. Up Town has less shopping but plenty of restaurants. South Park is a little suburban but has both. Before I loved here (in Charlotte) I frequently stayed at the South Park Marriott for work - it is walking distance to a lot of things and newly renovated.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:38 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Madone59
There are no "good" hotel options near CLT. I recommend a hotel in either the Up Town area or South Park area. Up Town has less shopping but plenty of restaurants. South Park is a little suburban but has both. Before I loved here (in Charlotte) I frequently stayed at the South Park Marriott for work - it is walking distance to a lot of things and newly renovated.
thanks for the info. I talked to her and she’s just gonna stay at the hotel. Realistically she’s not going to be spending a ton of time there anyway...

Any thoughts on Hyatt House vs Sheraton?
fdw
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Sheraton! If we're taking about the Hyatt House near Nations Ford Rd,which I think we are that is a bad part of town.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:49 pm

Yeah, which locations specifically? A lot of the area near the airport isn't just barren, it's not really a great place to be. But, there are other spots that are perfectly fine. I live in South Park. It's a very nice area. Tons of shops, restaurants, anything you need. I would go that route, but if she wants to stay closer to CLT, there are some areas that aren't bad at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.