FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   MIA - Multiple Entry into Intl' Terminal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/1881644-mia-multiple-entry-into-intl-terminal.html)

Lennys26v2 Dec 7, 2017 6:44 pm

MIA - Multiple Entry into Intl' Terminal

A family member is flying out of MIA internationally on an early afternoon flight, and I am flying out internationally the same day on a late evening flight. I wanted to take my family member to the Centurion lounge before her flight, then leave the airport for a few hours and return later in the evening for my flight (and the Centurion lounge again :) ).

The only one who I think would notice would be the passport checker at security who puts the scribble on the boarding pass.

Anyone have any experience on this? .... entering the intl terminal, leaving and then entering again?

PS -- all on US passports, precheck.

Blumie Dec 8, 2017 6:14 am

This is completely fine. You can come and go as often as you please, irrespective of nationality and irrespective of pre check.

Often1 Dec 8, 2017 6:44 am

TSA only requires a same day BP. So long as you have that, so far as TSA is concerned, you may enter the checkpoint as soon as it opens on the day of travel and then leave and return as many times as you wish. Even if TSA monitored this ---- which it does not ---- there is nothing remotely prohibited about it and it's common for all kinds of reasons.

Lennys26v2 Dec 8, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks @Blumie, @Often1. That is what I suspected, but just wanted to confirm. ^

Lennys26v2 Dec 9, 2017 6:14 pm

Oh how well this should have worked...

Instead, the early leaving family members flight was cancelled and she was rebooked for tomorrow. She was shipped off to her airline provided hotel.

I went to my check-in counter only to find that It didnt open until 4 hours prior to departure, and that my gate was in a completely different end of the airport

No Centurion lounge today. Instead I am passing several hours in the Priority Pass lounge in F concourse. (No recomendations for this lounge, I promise you)

finnish rockriver Dec 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 29149285)
TSA only requires a same day BP. So long as you have that, so far as TSA is concerned, you may enter the checkpoint as soon as it opens on the day of travel and then leave and return as many times as you wish. Even if TSA monitored this ---- which it does not ---- there is nothing remotely prohibited about it and it's common for all kinds of reasons.

Is this strictly the same day, or within 24h? Morning flight after long layover and I'd rather go to the airport in the evening than in the morning.
Thanks!

MaxVO Jan 13, 2018 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Lennys26v2 (Post 29154881)
No Centurion lounge today. Instead I am passing several hours in the Priority Pass lounge in F concourse. (No recomendations for this lounge, I promise you)[/left]

Indeed the Avianca lounge was a disgusting chaotic dump, when I had a misfortune to be there once a few months ago.