Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Airport - Leaving Suitcases for Day

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Atlanta Airport - Leaving Suitcases for Day

My daughter is arriving at ATL early morning with Southwest leaving late night with British Airways and will visit Atlanta for the day. Is there anywhere in the airport to leave her suitcases?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
try the ATL website but in general US airports don't have left luggage facilities.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Atlanta, or rather Hartsfield Jackson, is probably my least favourite USA airport, from a rich canon of similar suspects. What I would do in this circumstance is take advantage of the MARTA metro system and the rather good Indigo (IHG's pseudo design hotel chain) which is next to College Park station. This station is the first one from the airport, just a few minutes away, and the hotel is 200 metres from the station. So either book a day room there, or spin lunch / brunch / whatever around the hotel. The other side of the track from the Indigo is a street of interesting shops and cafés. I imagine a suitably generous tip to the concierge will ensure your bags are properly looked after.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Wrap-a-Bag used to provide baggage storage at ATL but closed a couple of years ago. Your best bet would probably be (as CWS suggests) using the bellmen at one of the hotels.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
I don't believe there is anywhere to storage luggage in the ATL airport. I think you have a few options:

* Get a hotel room near the airport and toss your luggage there for a day
* Rent a car ($30? $40?) for a day and put it in there.
* There is http://atlantabaggagestorage.com/, but I have no personal experience

I've found that walking into a nicer hotel and asking for them to store my bags has often worked, even if I'm not a guest.

Last edited by manacit; Jul 21, 2017 at 9:59 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:24 pm

https://www.airwise.com/airports/us/atlanta/luggage
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Originally Posted by We won the world cup
Is there anywhere in Atlanta airport to leave suitcases for the day? Arriving early morning leaving British Airways late in evening having spent day in Atlanta.
Sorry, no. I called the Atlanta Airport customer service #404-209-1700 and was told that due to security issues, that service stopped about 5 years ago. They had no suggestions other than to call British Airways #800-247-9297 and find out their hours and how early you can check your bags.

The subway runs right from and to the airport into the city center so if your luggage isn't too large you might drag them along with you and/or perhaps get off at Peachtree Center and have the Hyatt Hotel hold your luggage for the day. At that stop there's a Hyatt, Marriott, and Hilton (Hyatt being the closest to train). Good luck and hope you get to enjoy the city.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I was going to post this Wrap-a-Bag place earlier, but I called the number and it's disconnected.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I believe Wrap-a-bag closed a few years ago.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:54 pm

I like Atlanta, I normally fly in from Ft Myers then get the late overnight. Lounge food is meh, but the barman (if he is still there) is great fun. Could a bag not be left in the lounge ?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by flabound
I like Atlanta, I normally fly in from Ft Myers then get the late overnight. Lounge food is meh, but the barman (if he is still there) is great fun. Could a bag not be left in the lounge ?
It sounds like the OP will have checked bags, which he will not be able to check through to his BA flights.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I go into a large hotel and just say "I am going to meet someone here for lunch" at the bellman desk Has worked in many countries/cities. $5 should do as a tip at the Gateway Marriott or Gateway Renaissance, both easy access on the free SkyTrain.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:21 pm

I used Wrap-a-Bag, landside in the baggage claim area, in 2008. Since the Web page is rather sparse, you might try to verify that it's still in operation. I also see this service downtown.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by lking
Sorry, no. I called the Atlanta Airport customer service #404-209-1700 and was told that due to security issues, that service stopped about 5 years ago. They had no suggestions other than to call British Airways #800-247-9297 and find out their hours and how early you can check your bags.
No airport in the US, AFAIK, currently offers the service. Like ATL, most shut down in the last few years.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Jul 21, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
No airport in the US, AFAIK, currently offers the service. Like ATL, they all shut down within the last several years.
JFK does. Or did November 2016. Arrived in morning and flew out at Midnight to PVG and onto NRT. They help multiple bags(1 or 2 for each person) for hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.