Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Small, interesting towns to visit when going to NOLA.

Old Jun 20, 17, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Semi off-topic, but if anyone is needing some small and quiet cute towns to visit while in NOLA, check out this article.

Cheers and feel free to PM me if you would like to grab a beer.
Old Jun 20, 17, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by TracyD View Post
Semi off-topic, but if anyone is needing some small and quiet cute towns to visit while in NOLA, check out this article.

Old Jun 21, 17, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by TracyD View Post

IMO, this should have been started as a separate thread, since it has nothing to do with airlines flying in and out of New Orleans. Maybe, you can request a moderator to move it in to it's own thread.

As far as the article goes, again, IMO, it should have also included places like Mamou, Eunice, Lafitte, etc. The article is a decent starting point, though.

And, welcome, belatedly, to flyertalk.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Jun 21, 17 at 9:04 am
Old Jun 21, 17, 10:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles
Is there another thread on non-New Orleans festivals? Times/places like Ponchatoula during the Strawberry festival or Gramercy on Christmas Eve for the bonfires would be an interesting jaunt for an area tourist if they're around during that time.

For any time of the year, I'd throw in the North Shore towns as a good day trip for a Nola guest (Mandeville, Covington, Abita). It's certainly more accessible than Natchitoches if you're flying into MSY or driving to New Orleans.
Old Jul 15, 17, 10:49 pm

Programs: ex-Con *Gold (earned)
Originally Posted by mdkowals View Post
Is there another thread on non-New Orleans festivals? Times/places like Ponchatoula during the Strawberry festival or Gramercy on Christmas Eve for the bonfires would be an interesting jaunt for an area tourist if they're around during that time.

For any time of the year, I'd throw in the North Shore towns as a good day trip for a Nola guest (Mandeville, Covington, Abita). It's certainly more accessible than Natchitoches if you're flying into MSY or driving to New Orleans.
I'd add my former home town of Bay St Louis, MS to the list - about an hour's drive East of New Orleans. (The "old" US 90 routing through eastern New Orleans will bring one through the Chef Menteur and Rigolets sections of the city - extensive wetlands - and a collection of whimsically-named "camps".)
Old Aug 11, 17, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I grew up in Natchitoches - it is a cute little town, but it is a long way from NOLA - 4-5 hour drive depending on Baton Rouge traffic.

Search this Thread