Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

How safe is the Atlanta Olympic Park area?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.

A customer has relocated from a suburban location to nearby Centennial Olympic Park. Their account rep is a tiny woman who is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred pounds and not quite five feet tall and looks like she is about fourteen. Theoretically she is supposed to be staying at the Hilton which is about a mile away. She privately told me she isn't sure she is comfortable with that and would prefer something closer but doesn't want to make an issue of it if that would make her look ridiculous.

Any opinions, informed or stereotype based on that? I don't know the area at all. A google search ranged from people saying it is completely safe at any time to people saying bring a gun.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL
It's about 1/2 a mile (5 or 6 blocks) from the Hilton to the East side of Centennial Park. I've never felt unsafe walking that area as recently as 3 weeks ago at 1-2AM after a concert right beside Centennial Park. Walked for some late night food, then back to the hotel. This was also the same night as a music festival in the park so there was a lot of foot traffic out on the streets. If she is worried, there are several hotels just a block or so from the park including 2 or 3 properties under the Hilton brand, or just Uber back and forth maybe.
Old May 31, 2017, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
We have told her to pick whatever hotel she likes, but looking at street view it doesn't look like the most inviting area around the Hilton.

This is someone who can get just about whatever she asks for from the company, but she is timid about speaking up when she feels uncomfortable.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Silver
That area is not that bad. Usually very heavy foot traffic. I wouldn't head north or east of the Hilton, but heading west towards Centennial park should be fine. And then once you get to Centennial don't head to far west(northside dr should be the limit) If she's still nervous tell her to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn right by the aquarium. That puts you right next to the park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.