Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCO - departing lufthansa flight and the united club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

MCO - departing lufthansa flight and the united club

if i'm departing for frankfurt out of MCO on lufthansa, will i be in the same "sector" of the airport that will allow me to use my united club day pass without having to re-clear security?

thanks,
r m a h
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

You will not be in the same sector as the lounge.

Lufthansa will be using Airside 4 ( gates 70-99) and the United Club is in Airside 3 ( gates 30-59) with a separate security checkpoint

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

thanks TBS.

that's what i thought. thanks for confirming it!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
However, you may still access the UC if you don't mind clearing a second checkpoint. Let me caution you that a UC is hardly worth that effort and that there is no particular reason to arrive at MCO earlier than you must and there are plenty of places to find what you want to eat & drink if that is what you are looking for.

Nonetheless, you may access any checkpoint with any valid BP. You may be reminded that you are at the "wrong" checkpoint as a courtesy, but that is a courtesy and not a directive.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

thanks often1! very appreciated!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: ba silver
I don't know for sure but perhaps UA has made arrangements for J/F passengers to access a lounge closer to the gate. It happens on a lot of airlines. The only time I experienced this was years ago when flying AC J and with a MLL lounge card in DFW I was given DL Crown room access in the same terminal. The agent told me that they allowed MLL passengers access only while departing on the next AC flight.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

From the Lufthansa Website;

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounges

For Business class pax at MCO , LH uses " The Club" by gate 91 in the same airside terminal that the flight will leave from

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.