Ford Mustang

Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Ford Mustang

Hi

We are doing a 3 week driving holiday around Florida and are trying to work out what car to hire.

Our heart says "Ford Mustang" or similar we will be using Avis do to status with them. However we will have 2 large suitcases plus carry ons. We don't really want to advertise "tourist" with cases on back seat. I'm worried the bags won't fit in the boot/trunk or the Mustang so am considering something larger but would love to open road experience.

We will be traveling as a couple in February

May thanks
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I agonized over this a few years back when renting a Mustang convertible at LAX. As it turns out, my wife and I were able to squeeze in two large suitcases plus a few carryons/shopping bags. The trunk is not generously sized but it will do the job so long as you manage to keep the amount of things you bring with you in check.

Mustang is a great choice for a road trip... I think it's a really fun car to zip around in.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:02 pm

What did you end up going with?

I actually just rented a Ford Mustang and loved it. Sure does pack a lot of power!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Originally Posted by TracyD
What did you end up going with?

I actually just rented a Ford Mustang and loved it. Sure does pack a lot of power!
We have not booked it yet but looking to go for and SUV/CROSSOVER might book tomorrow have found some fantastic rates. Might ask when we go to pick up if there is a Mustang we can upgrade to if our bags fit.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:00 am

A Ford Mustang is a great choice to drive around in for a trip.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
If it's a convertible there's now way to fit two large suitcases into the trunk of a Mustang. Two smaller ones, sure. A bunch of duffles and totes, yup. But two large bags? Not going to happen.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

This thread appears to be predominantly about what car is best to rent from Avis rather than specifically about the South. It's really tricky to know the best forum for responses, but I think in this case it will be the Avis forum. I'm going to move the thread along there. And enjoy your trip.

Carol
Community Director
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by robiles
We have not booked it yet but looking to go for and SUV/CROSSOVER might book tomorrow have found some fantastic rates. Might ask when we go to pick up if there is a Mustang we can upgrade to if our bags fit.
If you're worried about advertising "toursit/rental car" with your bags in the back seat of a Mustang, you're doing the same thing with an SUV as everyone can see in your windows.

If this is your biggest concern, I'd vote for the Mustang/convertible and have some fun on the trip.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
The trunk on the convertible is much smaller than that of the coupe. We fit one larger bag in the trunk of the convertible and the remaining bags had to go in the back seat when i had one a few weeks back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.