Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

full day in Nashville - or catch an earlier flight to NY?

Old Jan 25, 17, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS

All -

Going to see a hockey game in March and need to fly to NY (work) the following day.

I'm currently booked to fly out on the late UA flt to EWR, departing around 7pm. A friend will be coming to the game as well, but due to work commitments, he has to catch an early morning flight from BNA.

I'm aware there is plenty to see in Nashville area. However, if I stay there for an extra day, I won't be driving - and getting around might be a challenge.

I'm not a fan of country music (or any other kind of music for that matter), but happy to go to museums etc.

--> Worth staying in Nashville for a full day w/o a car? Doable?

Thank you
Old Jan 30, 17, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Nashville is definitely doable without a car, Uber is plentiful.

For something not related to music and unique to Nashville, consider the Parthenon in Centennial Park, the Belle Meade Plantation or Andrew Jackson's home - The Hermitage.
Old Mar 15, 17, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS
Thanks to some weather issues in NY area, I'm spending an extra 2 days in Nashville.

Visited Belle Meade and Franklin on Monday.

Really like Nashville - you can walk pretty much anywhere in downtown area and there is definitely plenty to see. People are friendly.

Would certainly recommend the Tennessee State Museum and the Country Music Hall of Fame is good too.

There's also a Trump rally in Nashville tonight - first come, first served so I'm going to miss that one.

Search this Thread