Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Domestic > International connection time at TPA

Old Jan 10, 17, 6:37 am
Original Poster

I have an AA booking from ORD > TPA >LGW but am worried as I only have a 1h layover in TPA
assuming no delays out of ORD, having checked in / have boarding passes for both flights and no checked bags, is that possible? Both flights are in/out if terminal F, and I'm flying first in / biz out. But will I need to get back to the main terminal, or can I just walk over to the gate? Feels very tight, especially if there is much walking as I've recently broken my ankle,so can walk fine, just slowly..
Old Jan 10, 17, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
A domestic-to-international connection is the exact same as a domestic-to-domestic connection, except that BA will check your passport at the gate as you board. Since both flights utilize terminal F, the connection should take about three minutes.
Old Jan 10, 17, 8:21 am

If it helps, the approximate distance between the two furthest gates at TPA Terminal F is about 840 feet (257 meters). That's the longest distance you'll need to cover.

Map and Distance Courtesy Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ta...!4d-82.5370781
Old Jan 10, 17, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

thats great, thanks!
Old Jan 16, 17, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Bakesteve View Post
I have an AA booking from ORD > TPA >LGW but am worried as I only have a 1h layover in TPA
assuming no delays out of ORD, having checked in / have boarding passes for both flights and no checked bags, is that possible? Both flights are in/out if terminal F, and I'm flying first in / biz out. But will I need to get back to the main terminal, or can I just walk over to the gate? Feels very tight, especially if there is much walking as I've recently broken my ankle,so can walk fine, just slowly..
A little off-topic, but do you mind me asking why you're routing through TPA? I've often found fares on the TPA-LGW route are excluded on any good fares to Europe from BA/AA so I'm guessing this is a rather costly ticket on an older 772.

Last edited by FlyerTalkUserName; Jan 16, 17 at 10:44 am Reason: Quoted original post

Search this Thread