Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Intl->Domestic connection at MCO in Delta terminal

Old Dec 31, 16, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I am coming into MCO on an international Delta/Virgin from the UK, and am connecting to a domestic Delta flight.

Are there any flight connections / luggage recheck facilities at the Delta terminal, or so I have to take the shuttle back and forth? I've visited MCO as a "destination" before but never connected through it, and I don't recall seeing anything.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 17, 4:13 am

The official MCO website has an International Arrival Guide. Unfortunately, it seems to only pertain to trips that end at MCO, not connect.

https://www.orlandoairports.net/gett...parture-guides

If no one comes along and provides an answer to your question, you might consider contacting the airport. Another FT member had an issue with airport operations and used the form found on the link below. She or he was pleasantly surprised at level of customer service provided. Perhaps you can get an answer that way.

https://www.orlandoairports.net/contact/
Old Jan 2, 17, 11:21 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
My understanding is that they force all intl pax to the tram back to the main terminal and out of the secure area. From there, you'll need to reclear security and take the same tram back to the same airside you started from. I don't know if you can recheck luggage or if it needs to be claimed and hauled back to the checkin counter.
Old Jan 4, 17, 12:51 pm

I'm pretty sure you'll have to claim your baggage and then go back through security. I've never seen an option to recheck your bags before leaving customs on the tram.

Search this Thread