Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Fort Lauderdale Airport Valet Parking

Fort Lauderdale Airport Valet Parking

Old Dec 1, 16, 7:29 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
Fort Lauderdale Airport Valet Parking

Does anyone have any experience using the valet parking service at the Fort Lauderdale airport? We are looking for the fastest way for our son to park his car when he flies home on the 24th, but needs to be reliable and safe.
Lhsail is offline  
Old Dec 2, 16, 1:17 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Florida
Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Posts: 957
Originally Posted by Lhsail View Post
Does anyone have any experience using the valet parking service at the Fort Lauderdale airport? We are looking for the fastest way for our son to park his car when he flies home on the 24th, but needs to be reliable and safe.
They park the car in the garage where all the rental agencies are. There is no additional security then if you park the car yourself. It would be much cheaper and more secure if you park the car at one of the off-site companies between the airport and Port Everglades like Park-n-Fly or Park-n-Go. They have free shuttles to/from the airport. The only catch is he would need to get there early to allow the transit from the lot to the airport. It's easily accessible from 595 by taking the Port Everglades Exit to both lots.
teddybear99 is offline  
Old Dec 2, 16, 8:28 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by teddybear99 View Post
They park the car in the garage where all the rental agencies are. There is no additional security then if you park the car yourself. It would be much cheaper and more secure if you park the car at one of the off-site companies between the airport and Port Everglades like Park-n-Fly or Park-n-Go. They have free shuttles to/from the airport. The only catch is he would need to get there early to allow the transit from the lot to the airport. It's easily accessible from 595 by taking the Port Everglades Exit to both lots.
Thanks for the info. We've booked him on a later flight so the timing is not such a big issue. I am concerned that some locations will get filled up and don't want him to be faced with trying to find something that day.
Lhsail is offline  
Old Dec 3, 16, 11:00 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Florida
Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Posts: 957
Originally Posted by Lhsail View Post
Thanks for the info. We've booked him on a later flight so the timing is not such a big issue. I am concerned that some locations will get filled up and don't want him to be faced with trying to find something that day.
With the two off-site spots I mention, you can make reservations and reserve a space as well.
teddybear99 is offline  
Old Dec 4, 16, 6:41 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by teddybear99 View Post
With the two off-site spots I mention, you can make reservations and reserve a space as well.
Perfect, thank you.
Lhsail is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread