Lounge Access at MIA (BOG-MIA-ORD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond

Hi All,

I will be flying from BOG (Bogotá) to MIA on AV8 which arrives around 2:30am but my connection to ORD isn't until 7:30am.

Any ideas which lounge I can access while waiting? And if there are multiple choices which one is the best?

I'm have/am the following:
  • Star Gold
  • Flying Business Class
  • Priority Pass Membership
  • United Guest/Day Pass (don't think this will be useful at all)

From my research it appears that there are at least a few priority pass lounges but will I be able to get to the concourses?
Old May 25, 2016, 5:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by neo_781
... From my research it appears that there are at least a few priority pass lounges but will I be able to get to the concourses?
You will land and then must clear immigration & customs. At that point will only be able to access domestic lounges and there are no *A domestic lounges.

Will move this to Florida / MIA forum to see if MIA regulars have opinions on the priority pass lounges.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old May 25, 2016, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You will land and then must clear immigration & customs. At that point will only be able to access domestic lounges and there are no *A domestic lounges.

Will move this to Florida / MIA forum to see if MIA regulars have opinions on the priority pass lounges.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Thanks! That's essentially what I figured but I wasn't sure if with PP I had some options and it's my understanding (though I've never personally tried) that you can enter any terminal with a same day boarding pass even if it's not the one your airline flies out of.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by neo_781
Thanks! That's essentially what I figured but I wasn't sure if with PP I had some options and it's my understanding (though I've never personally tried) that you can enter any terminal with a same day boarding pass even if it's not the one your airline flies out of.
Concourse J has a shared premium class lounge for all airlines in that area, which includes Avianca. Being in business, you should be able to get in.

-LPDAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.