Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

If you use The Club at MCO and arent careful, you have to go thru security twice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you use The Club at MCO and arent careful, you have to go thru security twice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Given that I will be trying to access "The Club" @ MCO in the coming months and have to be at Gates 100-129, is it plausible that if I find out the arrival times of inbound international flights that I could get a general idea of when the blockage will occur?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:32 am

Possibly.. Take a look at: http://www.arrowcast.net/fids/mco/

Search for your day & time; you might have to wait for your day to come up....and I would check by day as some flights only happen on certain days. Sort it by Gate# and scan for any international arrivals from gates 100-129. IIRC, the issue comes up when an international flight arrives at these gates.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Thanks! When they close it down, how long do they close it down for? I would imagine it would only take 20 min or so to get everyone through, but who knows.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by schalliol
Thanks! When they close it down, how long do they close it down for? I would imagine it would only take 20 min or so to get everyone through, but who knows.
It's much longer than that because people are trickling out from CBP checks. (with or without checked luggage, global entry, etc.)
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Ugh, that's not good. Would you say if a plane comes in that they'll close it 5 minutes ahead and no longer than an hour after?

Basically I'm thinking that if you arrive at the airport and don't see an international plane landing in the affected gates in the hour sound when you'd want to go through that this would be fine?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
It really depends. If some people get sent to secondary from the arriving plane it may take longer.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:15 am

Ugh, it just doesn't look like there's an easy way around the issue.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by KRSW
Possibly.. Take a look at: http://www.arrowcast.net/fids/mco/

Search for your day & time; you might have to wait for your day to come up....and I would check by day as some flights only happen on certain days. Sort it by Gate# and scan for any international arrivals from gates 100-129. IIRC, the issue comes up when an international flight arrives at these gates.
Thanks... that's a good start.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Has happened every time for me (3 total). Must go through TSA again. I left 30 min before WN was lining up and walked right up to my spot. I def needed the 30 min. Going to the lounge only took about 15 min total fromTSA to tram to lounge. Go figure. It's quite nice though. A bit slow on check in. Seems to take to reps to get it straight, but I eventually got it. Nice space. Good healthy snack.ms. I'd had lunch here with champagne. Very nice staff. A gentleman named Bergi was especially helpful and happy. He was able to speak with me in French for my practice. He's lovely. Charming. A real keeper. And worked hard throughout the day!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
While MCO is a nice enough airport (minus the TSA), the problem with lounges is that someone flying UA can't really access the DL SkyClub where they have a membership, involves going thru TSA twice.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
While MCO is a nice enough airport (minus the TSA), the problem with lounges is that someone flying UA can't really access the DL SkyClub where they have a membership, involves going thru TSA twice.
I fly in and out of MCO 4-5x per year and I've always wondered why they don't have better lounge situations. Seems like a large airport to not have more. And better access.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I fly in and out of MCO 4-5x per year and I've always wondered why they don't have better lounge situations. Seems like a large airport to not have more. And better access.
MCO is serves a huge amount of vacationing families that do not fly much, and due to the structure of the airport it's hard for customers to get to them.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:33 am

It's just a mess all around. I'll be going through there on Southwest in a month and even with United Club and Priority Pass, it doesn't look like there's any reasonable way to use the lounges.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
They have Delta, United, and The Club at MCO, and an AA Admirals Club coming sometime this year. So it's not really a lack of clubs, but just an issue with the layout of the airport, that the club one is a member of might not be at all convenient.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I've got PreCheck and CLEAR- can I assume that combination means even if I have to go thru security twice I shouldn't have to spend much time doing so?

FWIW, I'll be arriving on WN around 8:15P Thursday and have a 3hr layover and wanted to use the PP "Club @MCO" in Airside 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.