Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

If you use The Club at MCO and arent careful, you have to go thru security twice

If you use The Club at MCO and arent careful, you have to go thru security twice

Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I've got PreCheck and CLEAR- can I assume that combination means even if I have to go thru security twice I shouldn't have to spend much time doing so?

FWIW, I'll be arriving on WN around 8:15P Thursday and have a 3hr layover and wanted to use the PP "Club @MCO" in Airside 1.
At that hour, not too too long, but note that both PreCheck and Clear close. You'll have pre-check lite in the regular line, which won't be too long at that hour.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Thanks for the reply- of course there's always a catch (but "fake PreCheck" is better than nothing I guess )

But upon reading the other thread, it looks like with the "new" ("Airside 1") Club @MCO I may not need to transit security at all, since I'll be arriving from "Airside 2"- or is that not correct?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Thanks for the reply- of course there's always a catch (but "fake PreCheck" is better than nothing I guess )

But upon reading the other thread, it looks like with the "new" ("Airside 1") Club @MCO I may not need to transit security at all, since I'll be arriving from "Airside 2"- or is that not correct?
I'm not sure where the WN gates are. 1 and 3 are behind security on one side, 2 and 4 are behind security on the other side. Sometimes you can transit 1-3 or 2-4 without clearing security, but occasionally there are international arrivals and you are funneled directly outside of security.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I'm not sure where the WN gates are.
Checking the WN site for yesterday's flights the flight I'll be on arrived into gate 121 and the flight out from 103; according to a terminal map I found online that's "Terminal A, Airside 2" and according to the PP site the Club I'd want is in "Terminal A, Airside 1, near gates 1-29"
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Checking the WN site for yesterday's flights the flight I'll be on arrived into gate 121 and the flight out from 103; according to a terminal map I found online that's "Terminal A, Airside 2" and according to the PP site the Club I'd want is in "Terminal A, Airside 1, near gates 1-29"
Yeah, 1 and 2 are not within the same security perimeter, so you'll have to clear TSA each way (to the club and back to your gate.)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:34 pm

Thanks to all who'd responded. As was warned (here) when I left A-2 @ ~9:15P, A-1 security had neither Pre nor CLEAR open, and I was in that line for 20 mins (the longest I've waited in years but at least I was able to keep shoes/belt on). Having used the The Club @SJC quite a few times, I knew what to expect. Coming back to A-2 Pre and CLEAR were of course closed but I was the only person in security, so easy enough.

Got a chance to charge things, grab a drink and some fingerfood; good enough for me- but yeah, you'd need a long layover most times I'm sure.

Last edited by kennycrudup; Jul 18, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:14 pm

Good news! This changed recently now that a new construction project was completed that prevents international arrivals from mixing with domestic folks. There's dedicated trains now so this is no longer a problem. However now that there is a dedicated train, you have to wait for the single train to return however there's not the extended dwell time in the terminals while security checks each car. Overall a great improvement to move folks faster.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by atlgaflyer
Good news! This changed recently now that a new construction project was completed that prevents international arrivals from mixing with domestic folks. There's dedicated trains now so this is no longer a problem. However now that there is a dedicated train, you have to wait for the single train to return however there's not the extended dwell time in the terminals while security checks each car. Overall a great improvement to move folks faster.
EXCELLENT news. Thanks for the update!
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:23 am

Thanks for the update!

Do you know any more about how the international arrivals process works with the new scheme? I noted that the TSA screening checkpoint has been moved from the space within the terminal (next to Outback), to a space in the new area, unused.

Is it still possible to do an international-to-domestic connection within Airside 4 as before, or has this now ended - and if the latter, what is the TSA screening checkpoint used for?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Sounds great, flying southwest out of Terminal 2, looking like I will be able to take 2 trains from terminal 2 to 4 now while only passing through security once?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Thanks for the update! Ill be out there in a few months to interview a WWII vet that lives in Edgewater and got held up in that 2nd TSA line last time i was there.
Appreciate the info!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I may be misunderstanding this post or there was a temporary issue today, but after visiting the Airside 1 Club, upon taking the tram back we were forced landside. I asked twice to be sure I hadn't missed something but indeed, couldn't access the tram to Airside 3 gates without continuing landside and re-clearing security.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I may be misunderstanding this post or there was a temporary issue today, but after visiting the Airside 1 Club, upon taking the tram back we were forced landside. I asked twice to be sure I hadn't missed something but indeed, couldn't access the tram to Airside 3 gates without continuing landside and re-clearing security.
I was there on Wednesday morning and they gave the "international" excuse for forcing everyone off the train and out of security, despite The Club's people reminding about staying within security turning right to get to the other train.
I seem to recall that the other train did not have the tensabarriers blocking some entrances and stuff, but that would make no sense. The same people could access either train from the airside end. Could it be as simple right now as noticing to take the train that is not being half-used with doors blocked by velvet ropes and tensabarriers? That would be stupid but not unexpected.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:13 pm

Just checking what the latest is for visiting the Club at gates 1 - 29 and then proceeding to gates 30 - 59. Will I have to pass security twice?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Just checking what the latest is for visiting the Club at gates 1 - 29 and then proceeding to gates 30 - 59. Will I have to pass security twice?
I am going to answer my own question. Yes, it's possible. When the train arrives back to the main terminal, it opens the doors on one side for people to exit and then opens the doors on the other side for people to board. Just exit through the doors people are boarding and then you can get to the other airside train.

My experience is just for gates 1 - 29 The Club. I am not sure about the other one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.