Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Old May 10, 2016, 10:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Thanks for the info!

Southwest comes into the high A gates (100-129). If I take the train from there, can I loop around and hop on the train to the pier with the club, or will I get dumped out landside?
Yes, you can loop around. Note that from the other side, you can sometimes get dumped landside depending on timing of international flights. (See this thread for more info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/orlan...ity-twice.html) See also "Getting Around" on this page: https://www.orlandoairports.net/faq/

Last edited by chrisny2; May 10, 2016 at 10:30 pm Reason: links
Old May 11, 2016, 6:50 am

Thanks again. It's a nice surprise that the airport website has such useful info!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Global Entry, Jet Blue Mosaic
Visit another airside?

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I've done it. Though I did use an e-boarding pass on my phone, so I'm not sure if the gate number flashes on the screen that the TSA sees.
So next week I'm flying Jetblue through airside 1, my flight arrives at MCO at 5:01 AM, then my connecting flight departs through airside 1 at 7:29 AM. I noticed the club opens at 6AM, I've never had a connecting flight at MCO before so i'm not sure how quick security is and how frequently the trains run that early, but do you think it would be enough time for me to take a shower after a red-eye from the west coast at the lounge and get back through security at Airside 1? It sounds like TSA will let you through even though I'm not flying out of that side of the airport, right? If I just tell them it is to get to the lounge will they let me through? Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I think it is, but depending on your comfort level with risk, I'd probably try to leave the lounge by 6:30. With pre-check (assuming it's open that early), security shouldn't be too bad at that hour, but keep in mind that it's a bit of a long walk. I haven't had any problem getting into the opposite airside, but I've used mobile boarding passes each time.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jbrunson17
So next week I'm flying Jetblue through airside 1, my flight arrives at MCO at 5:01 AM, then my connecting flight departs through airside 1 at 7:29 AM. I noticed the club opens at 6AM, I've never had a connecting flight at MCO before so i'm not sure how quick security is and how frequently the trains run that early, but do you think it would be enough time for me to take a shower after a red-eye from the west coast at the lounge and get back through security at Airside 1? It sounds like TSA will let you through even though I'm not flying out of that side of the airport, right? If I just tell them it is to get to the lounge will they let me through? Thanks
Plenty of time, but I'm not sure TSA will let you in. Depending on how you're planning to access, it states pretty clearly on the Priority Pass website that access is not possible if traveling from Airsides 1 or 3.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:04 pm

Hi there!

I'm considering routing my flight through Orlando instead of Miami. I will be flying from Lima on LATAM and will flying from Orlando to Chicago on American Airlines. The access rules sound confusing. Does anyone know if I should be able to access this lounge?

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi there!

I'm considering routing my flight through Orlando instead of Miami. I will be flying from Lima on LATAM and will flying from Orlando to Chicago on American Airlines. The access rules sound confusing. Does anyone know if I should be able to access this lounge?

Thanks!
LAN/TAM use gates 70-99, which are the terminal where The Club @ MCO is, American is not.

BUT, I've never arrived at MCO internationally, so I'm not sure where passengers are dumped off after passing through US immigration.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by KRSW
LAN/TAM use gates 70-99, which are the terminal where The Club @ MCO is, American is not.

BUT, I've never arrived at MCO internationally, so I'm not sure where passengers are dumped off after passing through US immigration.
They are normally taken to the main terminal, I don't think there is an option to remain in the concourse. You would have to reclear security, assuming they would even let you back into that concourse without a boarding pass for those gates.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:34 pm

Hi!

I am arriving on DL from CUN (so an international flight and I will have to clear customs) in Terminal B, which is the lounge location.

But my connecting flight is on AA (out of Terminal A).

Is is there a way for me to access the lounge even though I won't have a B-side boarding pass?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
I asked Priority Pass about access from the West end of the airport, and they told me that the lounge staff can refuse entry if you aren't leaving from gates 70 and above. Even with TSA Pre to make the double security transfer not too painful, you may not get access.

Sadly, I was just leaving out of Gate 10, so I could not access this lounge to check it out.
This would seem to violate PP's own rules that say you just need a same day boarding pass regardless of airline, assuming that you can get to the door of the lounge.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fheardhaigh
Hi!

I am arriving on DL from CUN (so an international flight and I will have to clear customs) in Terminal B, which is the lounge location.

But my connecting flight is on AA (out of Terminal A).

Is is there a way for me to access the lounge even though I won't have a B-side boarding pass?
Yes, but it would mean clearing TSA at least twice.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:25 am

I just updated the Priority Pass app and noticed MCO now has two The Clubs! The original one in Terminal 4 (Gates 70-129), and a new one in Terminal 1 (Gates 1-29). Has anyone been to the new one yet? Pics please? And is it possible to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1, like we currently do to get from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
And is it possible to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1, like we currently do to get from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4?
Yes, 1 and 2 are the mirror image of 3 and 4. As far as I know, they never force passengers to leave the secure zone going back to the terminal, like sometimes happens on 3.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I just updated the Priority Pass app and noticed MCO now has two The Clubs! The original one in Terminal 4 (Gates 70-129), and a new one in Terminal 1 (Gates 1-29). Has anyone been to the new one yet? Pics please? And is it possible to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1, like we currently do to get from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4?
Originally Posted by djk7
Yes, 1 and 2 are the mirror image of 3 and 4. As far as I know, they never force passengers to leave the secure zone going back to the terminal, like sometimes happens on 3.
Great news! And that's correct, since there aren't international CBP arrivals on that side of the airport, there's not forced exiting of security when switching from one airside to the other.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:17 am

Has anyone used the PP lounge at MCO and taken guests in using their CSR card?

Just wanted to make sure MCO didn't self-impose any limits. I have myself and 3 accompanying family members flying to London in September.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.