Wiki Posts
Search

Charlotte Douglas Airport Fix your Plugs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Gold

Had a three hour layover at Charlotte Douglas Airport. I had to try seven plugs at my gate before I found one that worked. And the one I found that worked had no place to sit as it was near a check in desk. So I had to sit on the window sill with a dead fly.

So Charlotte Douglas International Airport FIX YOUR PLUGS.

Last edited by gwgw; Apr 14, 2015 at 4:30 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
At least they had them. Try PHL where not only are they really scarce, but the ones that exist rarely work.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Do you mean "fix your outlets?" "Plug" is the male part at the end of your cord.

You might actually get some results by sending your complaint to the airport rather than a random post on the internet that they will never see.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE

I truly don't intend to be mean but CLT is an awful airport. Waaaaay too crowded, gates too close together, not enough seating, and too spread out. Reminds me of pre-2002 DTW before NW spent $4B on the new terminal... Going from the end of E to the end of C reminds me of the old end of F to end of C connections at DTW. Boarding at the end of B or C when it's busy is a disaster too...

Edited to add: reply a bit off topic but I had to get that off my chest since I am currently inflight and will be connecting there in a little over an hour :-)

Last edited by krlcomm; Apr 14, 2015 at 5:33 pm
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gwgw
Had a three hour layover at Charlotte Douglas Airport. I had to try seven plugs at my gate before I found one that worked. And the one I found that worked had no place to sit as it was near a check in desk. So I had to sit on the window sill with a dead fly.

So Charlotte Douglas International Airport FIX YOUR PLUGS.
Buy a decent laptop. 3 hours? Good, new laptops have that much battery life easy.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Buy a decent laptop. 3 hours? Good, new laptops have that much battery life easy.
Haven't yet seen a laptop with a decent screen & graphics processor that has a three hour life with CAD software or any numerically intensive processing running, seen plenty that die within an hour however. You might be fine with an excel spreadsheet and email, but some of us need heavy iron.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:28 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this topic pertains to a specific airport, we'll move this to the more-appropriate South forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.